Chapter 2 - Dorm

John's POV:

I turned to Hercules.

"What the hell man? You made him run away." I said, slightly annoyed that he was like that.

"Huh? Weird." Hercules said, already not paying attention.

Omg where is Lafayette? He needs to fix Herc.

"See you just did it again." I crossed my arms.

"Huh? Weird." Hercules said back, a ghost of a smile on his face.

I stared at him blankly, stuffing my laughter deep down.

"See." I said.

"Huh?" Hercules got in my face. "Weird."

I ran after him but he stopped me with his hand.

That's right he is extremely huge and could stop me without even trying.

"I'm going to kill you with my bare hands." I giggled as I struggled against his hand.

"Yeah, you sure are."

"I hate you." I said, giving up.

Hercules looked around the Schuyler's dorm.

"Hey John, when are you going to get your dorm?" Herc asked, disappearing behind a corner to the kitchen.

I followed behind him and leaned on the counter.

"I don't have one right now because I don't have enough money for one. Laf said I can room with you two so I guess I'll be doing that until I earn some money for my own one." I said shrugging.

"How come you can't get one? Doesn't your dad pay for your college?" Herc said as opened the fridge.

He scanned his options then closed the fridge door.

"No, he's already disappointed that I'm going to do art instead of any other successful jobs so he ain't gonna be paying for anything next year." I sighed.

"A shame really." Angelica said. "Are you even going to be able to stay next year?"

"Probably not but I'll try my best." I smiled.

"Yay, finally you're thinking positively." Peggy gushed. All throughout high school she always nagged me to be more positive so I finally listened.

I turned to Eliza who was still kneeling on the floor and staring blankly in front of her.

She hasn't said anything since that guy left her dorm.

"Hey Eliza, you, okay?" I asked.

She snapped out of her daydream.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She smiled.

"Hey, did you guys even catch that dude's name?" Hercules asked us.

We all looked at each other in a guilty way. In the entire conversation we had, we never asked his name.

Well that's just embarrassing.

"Where's Lafayette?" I asked Herc.

"He's unpacking in our dorm. He likes his space when he unpacks so I left."

"He yelled at you to get out right?" I asked, teasingly.

He looked at me and I could read yes all over is face. I laughed at that.

"Well I need to get my bags and unpack as well. Bye guys, talk to you later?"

They all murmured in agreement as I walked out into the hallway and crashed into what seemed like a wall.

"Why are so much people crashing into me? I am literally like a skyscraper."

I recognized that voice and felt a sense of dread come over me when I opened my eyes.

"Jefferson." I muttered, acknowledging his tall form as I got up.

He is quite tall.

"You are literally the second person to crash into me. This is so annoying." He said without an apology and walked away. Of course, Madison and Burr followed after him like a dog following after their master. I thought it was weird how they did that.

I walked towards Laf and Herc's dorm to check up on Laf to see if he was done so I can also start unpacking as well.

When I walked into the dorm, it felt like I was walking into a hotel. This was the neatest dorm I have ever seen. Sadly, when Herc comes it will look like a pigsty, so I enjoyed the moment while it lasted.

"Wow this is really nice Laf." I said, looking around.

"Merci, mon ami." Laf smiled, turning his head to me from the magazine he was reading on the couch. "I can't wait for you to move in with us. It's going to be fun with both you living here and hiding you from the teachers." He chuckled slightly.

I smiled at him. It was going to be fun living with them and hiding me from the teachers that don't know I lived in here.

"I got to get my bags to unpack." I said. "When I come back can you show me where my room is?"

Lafayette nodded then went back to reading his magazine.