Chapter 5 - Home

🟪= Self-Harm 🟥= Blood

Alex's POV:

The taxi was already parked and waiting for me when I got out of the elevator and I couldn't help but feel happy I got my revenge.

On the way back, the only thing I had on my mind was John. Maybe it was the way he talked or maybe I didn't like him at all. Maybe I am only thinking of him is because of the number of friends he has.

Yeah, that's it. Just his friends.

The taxi stopped and it scared away all my thoughts.

I climbed out and handed him the money. I walked up to the house that we stopped at. I mean my house. The one I have with my cousin and his wife. I just wasn't used to this yet.

I walked in and set my keys down in the small pot next to me.

"Peter, I'm home!" I yelled across the house.

No answer.

Maybe he isn't.

I walked up the stairs to get to my bedroom.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed as I passed Peter's bedroom. He and Elizabeth were fucking.

ohmygodohmygodohmygod.

I rushed to the nearest bathroom to throw up. Peter banged on the door furiously.

"I thought you weren't coming back until later."

That made me vomit more.

"Oh, stop being so dramatic. It's literally one time, you're gonna do it yourself someday."

"Are you trying to make me vomit more or comfort me?!" I yelled back.

It fell silent.

"Look, I'm sorry. We can talk about what happened at, uhh...Kings College right? Yeah, you can tell my everything."

I didn't reply.

"I'm sorry Alex."

Silence. Peter sighed.

"Fine, I'll come out. But I have to do one thing first."

Peter walked away and I grabbed the small knife I had that was taped under the sink.

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror and placed the knife gently on the basin so it wouldn't make much noise, and placed the ice pack John gave me to the side.

I can't believe I was still holding that.

I slowly unwrapped my bandages I had wrapped around my left arm from all my previous cuttings.

The wounds were slightly healed but not completely.

What a shame. I thought grimly. Healed to not healed.

I grabbed the knife and pressed it onto my skin. I remembered this sensation from all the last times I did it. Pain that felt so good.

One for not talking to the principal.

I pressed it a little harder into my skin, forming a neat red line. I then moved the knife off my skin and slightly right.

Three for falling through a dorm, making everyone have to cater after you and talking to John in a embarrassing way.

I pressed the knife down and and moved the knife. There were now four lines on blood on my skin. I position my knife diagonally, from upper right to bottom left across all the four lines.

One for making the taxi guy wait because you are selfish.

I looked back at the mirror. Somewhere during the process, I cried and now tears stained my face.

Look at how pathetic you are.

I looked back at my arm and saw five bleeding tally marks that were now permanently embezzled into my skin.

I smiled at myself.

"No way you actually feel happy for what you just did."

My smile fell and my eyes darkened. I looked into the bathroom mirror and met him in the eye.

"Hi James. It's good to see you're here."