Chapter 14 - Memories

John's POV:

I walked into their- our dorm room.

It was dark so I quietly slipped into bed, making sure I didn't make a noise to wake both Hercules and Laf up.

I felt exhausted as I changed into my pj's, but when I got into bed, all the exhaustion exited out of my body.

All I could think about was Alex.

Why do you keep thinking of him?

I ignored the thought and rolled over to my side. My saving jar was facing me, haunting me. The ring glinted at me at the bottom of the jar, resting on a few dollars.

The memories came flooding back.

I climbed through his window. It was the last year of high school until we go to college, graduation just behind the corner. I was excited to go to college, maybe one he was going to. It doesn't matter which one I go to though, as long as I stay with him. My father doesn't care what college I go to, as long as I become a doctor. I didn't want to become a doctor, I never liked any of the medical school stuff.

But that didn't matter because I would be with him.

I sat down on the window seat. He was on his bed, reading the book I have lended to him.

He looked up and smiled at me.

"Hey John." He said, closing the book and coming to sit next to me.

I felt giddy, like a child.

"Hey Samuel." I smiled back as he brushed his lips against mine.

"How are you liking the book?" I asked.

"It's amazing! I can't wait to read more of it." He said, his eyes filling with excitement at the thought of reading. I got him into reading on the last year of high school after he saw me carry my books everywhere, and wanted to try it out.

He looks so cute when he's happy.

My palms were sweating as I reached inside my pocket to feel the cool silver against my fingers. Good thing I didn't drop it.

I'm gonna do it. I said to myself.

"Hey Sam." I said, taking his hand in mine and resting on one knee.

His eyes lit up in surprisement.

"Will you marry me?" I asked.

I launched out of my bed, sweating. I cringed at myself for asking a guy that I only knew four years to marry me.

"What was I thinking?" I said, pressing my hands on my face and falling back onto my pillow.

After a few minutes of cringing, I glanced at the clock.

6:15am

Might as well get ready for class.