Chapter 23 - Take A Hint

Alex's POV:

I woke up in the morning, way happier than I usually was. Today, I was going to get a job. I would get to earn money AND I get to be with John.

I wonder if he would be angry if I joined. Was it the best idea to bother him at work?

"No Alex." I whispered. "You two are friends. He wouldn't get mad."

I walked down the stairs and sit down in my spot. Mrs. Elizabeth wasn't up making anything today, my cousin was.

If he burns down the kitchen I wouldn't even be surprised.

He came out with burnt eggs and an undercooked pancake. How he messed it up? I don't know.

"I'll just have cereal." I muttered, grabbing the milk out of the fridge and pouring into my bowl WHICH ALREADY HAD CEREAL IN. I'M NOT A PSYCHOPATH.

"So, how's college been?" Peter asked. I pushed away thoughts of me breaking down on the first day out of my head and focused on my friends.

"Well, I became part of this friend group. They kinda adopted me." I shrugged.

"Oh yeah, there's this guy. His name is John and I just can't stop thinking about him. His hair is so fluffy I want to touch it so badly but that's gay. I'm not gay, I'm straight. And he's so adorable with his freckles and-"

"Woah, slow down there buddy." Peter chuckled as I shoved a shovelful of cereal into my mouth.

"I'm kinda confused Peter. I don't know why I can't stop thinking of him and why I just love everything he does." I glanced at the fridge and the coat rack. I still have yet to return his ice pack and coat, even if I just got it yesterday.

Peter followed my gaze to the coat rack, eyes widening in understanding.

"No way! That's his coat?" He asked. His enthusiasm was either real or he is an amazingly talented actor.

I nodded my head and shoved more cereal into my mouth.

There was a noise outside and Peter gave a me concerned look.

I got up and looked through the window to see John waving frantically at me and ushering me to meet him outside. Peter came from behind me and looked at John the way a dad would look at his daughter's boyfriend.

"That must be him huh?" Peter said, looking at the frantic boy. "Reminds me of a dog."

I shot him a glare and he chuckled.

"Go get him tiger." Peter said, pulling John's coat over me and pushing me outside. I was lucky to have these people in my life.

------

Slight Tw, Thomas calls Alex a retard.

John's POV:

I saw Alex through the window and frantically waved for him to come out. Not in that way. Or maybe that way.

A guy behind him looked at me in a weird way and said something to Alex, making him shoot the guy a glare.

I was still waving frantically. I woke up early today to walk him to the college after I found out that he walked there in the morning. It would be a great way to connect, but when that guy gave me a look, I started doubting myself.

Should I even be doing this? What if I come across as needy?

I wondered if Alex even knew I liked guys.

Alex stepped out of his house with my coat on.

He saw me look at it on him and took it off immediately, handing it to me.