Chapter 29 - Over My Dead Body

A/N: I kinda wanna say that the James that Alex was talking to is his brother just to be clear. If it wasn't clear I hope it is now, if you already knew which James this was and if i already explained it, awesome. I didn't bother reading back over my book to see if i already told ya that James was the brother. anyway enjoy

John's POV:

It was now the weekend. The first week of college went by in a blast, filled with confusion, mild trauma and my boss almost dying. But college, am I right?

I was waiting outside for Alex again, but this time to pick him up for the sleepover. It was about the time that I usually walked him home, and I couldn't help but remember them, even if it was 2 or 3 days ago.

He eventually came out, wearing my coat. Every time I saw him in my coat, I smiled. I really hoped he liked it and didn't only wear it to gain a relationship with me, then tear it apart at the last second.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves Laurens.

"Hey." Alex said, giving me a smile. He had a huge black duffel bag, the strap resting on his shoulder that looked a little heavy.

"Hey." I smiled back. "You want me to take that for you?"

"Uh, sure thanks." He said, handing me the duffel bag. I was right, it was heavy.

"What do you have in here? Bricks?" I huffed out, practically dragging his duffel bag on the floor.

He giggled.

"It's not that heavy." He said back, smiling his usual smile. I felt like I was going to melt.

"It is super heavy." I said back and pretended to curl it. "Who needs weights when we can use your bag?"

"It's not that heavy John." He said in-between giggles.

All the way to college, we bickered about how heavy his bag was. Him denying it and me the opposite.

------

"-you go to debate class and shit. That's an unfair advantage." I said, the elevators door opening and I held them for Alex.

"Oh no, John thinks it's unfair?" Alex said in a sarcastic voice, stepping out of the elevator and turning the corner. I was glad he could finally memorize the hallways, especially after the first day.

"Yeah, I do." I said with fake offence and knocked on the Schuyler's dorm door. "Remember this door? You fell head first through it." I laughed.

"Shut up." He said. " I hate you so much."

It was silent for a second and I knocked again in case they didn't hear the first time.

"Hey Alex?" I started, turning to Alex.

"Yeah?" He said, breathless. He looked like he was hoping for me to do something stupid.

I was going to.

I leaned in again, this time faster than before. I just wanted to kiss him this time.

We were inches away from each other's lips when Peggy slammed open the door. It caused me and Alex to jump, and I just latched onto Alex, hugging him.

"HEYO!" She screamed into us. I kinda just held Alex tighter and he did to me as well.

"Aww, are you guys' hugging?" She asked, crouching down like she was talking to a puppy, even though we were taller than her. Well, I was but Alex wasn't.

We were gonna do more than that Peggy.

"Well-" Alex started but I shook my head. I didn't want her to get involved in our friendship, she will try to get us together all the time.