Chapter 23 | Softness of the roses

✵Him, unleashing a tempest of desire that consumed his soul— Untamed love✵

Him, unleashing a tempest of desire that consumed his soul— Untamed love

🦋•Chapter Twenty-Three•🦋

The line of imposing guards at the main entrance respectfully bowed to Jungkook as he entered. Y/N remained slung over his shoulder, feeling incredibly embarrassed but choosing to keep quiet to avoid any further spanks on her ass.

Jungkook finally set Y/N down on one of the couches in the grand main hall of his mansion. As always, the hall was deserted, ensuring their privacy.

As he tossed Y/N onto the couch and leaned in closer, his eyes locked intensely with hers. She could sense a different kind of anger in his gaze, one she wasn't familiar with.

Could it be jealousy?

"Why are you so angry with me, Jungkook?" Y/N gathered her courage and asked him her eyebrow raised in a challenge.

"Why did that fucker try to kiss you?" he growled angrily his grip tightening on her arms as his eyes deeply looked into hers.

"Jungkook, it's not what you think," she replied firmly and seriously. "He tried to force himself on me," she explained, emphasizing the seriousness of the situation.

"But unlike me, you didn't use the brutal words you always use with me," he retorted, his response laced with mockery.

"Now you're twisting this situation into something else, Jeon Jungkook," she stated sternly.

"What am I twisting this situation into?" Jungkook shouted at her, his voice filled with frustration.

"You still hold a grudge against me for asking for a divorce, and I've apologized countless times for that. I was consumed by anger in that moment," she yelled back, her eyes glaring at him with intensity.

Jungkook let out a bitter chuckle. "No matter how deeply and passionately I love you, it seems you won't ever notice it," he whispered, licking his lips.

"You, Eun Y/N, always want things to go your way. In the process of trying to be perfect for you, I have lost sight of who I truly am," he muttered, his face close to hers, their breaths mingling.

"I don't even recognize myself anymore," he said in a defeated tone. "I've always been by your side, Y/N. Always. But it seems like I might be better off without you," he painfully admitted, a tear rolling down his cheek.

It was painful for Y/N to witness the tears welling up in his vulnerable gaze. She couldn't bear to see her husband like this.

"I think I need to show you a different kind of apology," she said, her voice determined, her eyes brighter as they glared at him but not with hate or annoyance like they usually did, there was something different in them today.