✫彡 𝟑. 𝐈𝐦 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐞! ミ★

A/n:I just wanted to say before the chapter about something weird that happened to me this weekend 😭 So I was playing a word puzzle game with my nan and raccoon came up and I was like omg Ruddiger is a raccoon AND THEN WE GOT CORONA.I was like 🤭 .Anyways enjoy this chapter,I actually love this one!

ʚ ═══・୨ 📃 ୧・═══ ɞ

ʚ ═══・୨ 📃 ୧・═══ ɞ

"Uhm hi...sorry to bother you sir,I wanted to ask you about my hair because your such a..magic expert..."Rapunzel trailed off.

"MAGIC?I DO NOW WORK WITH MAGIC!" The cloaked figure started before taking off their cloak to reveal a young boy about the same age as y/n.

"I mean technically it's not magic it's alchemy but..meh eh... d-don't stress it!"

"Hey V!"y/n said softly.

"Oh hey y/n/n!!" Varian said with excitement comprehensible in his voice.

"You know him y/n?" Cassandra spoke up still weary of the boy.

"Duh!Have you not noticed me disappearing every now and then?I've been here!"Y/n replied.She knew the awnser.When she wasn't around the castle,nobody really noticed.Rapunzel was always busy with her princess duties,Her parents ruling over the kingdom,Cassandra being a lady-in-waiting or helping Raps,Eugene being- well Eugene,Juliet helping her parents out and the guards being flooded with duties.It was so different for the past 14 years.Everyone had their eyes on her 24/7,her and her father would play chess every evening,she would have endless conversations with her mother about the most random things that entered their minds,Cass would take her to the royal training grounds to learn archery and Stan and Pete would chase her round the castle until she tripped and they took her to get cake or ice cream to make her stop crying.It's not like she doesn't like the freedom but it just feels like she's been replaced by her sister.

"Haha...got it,so what is this?" Rapunzel asked ,signalling to the goo that they were stuck in,breaking the awkward tension that filled the air.

"It's a chemical compound,of uh my own design,thank you"Varian awnsered throwing his jacket away with a grin.

"See we have a bit of a critter problem around here,and through the miracle of modern alchemy,I have found a humane way to solve the problem." Varian said whilst picking the same raccoon from the day that him and y/n met and throwing it out of the door.

"This is riveting but could you get us out of here?"Juliet asked as Cassandra nodded her head in agreement.

"Ha where is that neutralising parti-ah ah get out of here!" The young boy spoke as he reached for the particle out of his pocket whilst throwing the raccoon ,who had managed to get back in,out again.After clearing up the mess on the floor Varian got on one knee and spoke again.

"I am so sorry,your highness"

Y/n softly rolled her eyes as she mouthed to him

"Lameeee"

"Shut up" he mouthed back

"You must not say that to royalty,now I must throw you in the dungeons!"

Now it was his turn to roll his eyes.

"Yo-your highness?W-wait you know who I am?" Rapunzel asked in shock.

"Uh..how could I not,look at your hair!" Varian said matter-of-factly whilst nervously laughing."Ha,your highness."

"Oh please,just Rapunzel!" Rapunzel said to the raven haired boy with her usual soft tone.

"Wow,really,ok so fantastical stories of your hair returning have spread throughout corona," Varian started as he swiftly walked behind Rapunzel to get a better look at her braided hair."Yeah,people say it's magic,but personally i don't really believe that," Varian continued taking a deep breath and continuing to ramble.

"Now ,as you have probably guessed, i am a man of science, specifically al-" He finished before he got cut of by Cassandra.

"Alchemy.We know,now listen kid.We need your help but let me make something clear.What happens in here stays in here,you got it?" Cassandra said seriously as she picked varian up by his shirts collar.

"Put him down cass" Y/n spoke almost protectively.But, Cassandra applied and dropped Varian to the ground.

ʚ ═══・୨ 📃 ୧・═══ ɞ

"Oh,yes,this,this, ah , it's very...long." Varian excitedly said whilst examining Rapunzel's hair with a huge magnifying glass. "Oh,no,don't worry , your high— Rapunzel... i am sure that I ,Varian , can unlock the mystery of your hair with the power of science!" Varian spoke as he swung the glass around and it hit him right on the back of his head.

"Varian watch-!"

"OW!....heh no sweat just a little..." He said whilst falling to the ground after spotting the blood on his hand.

"...out"

Cass,raps and Juliet looked at eachother in worry and concern for the boy whilst y/n was already down by his side checking on the boy.

"Don't worry too much it's just his hemophobia,poor V is petrified of blood," Y/n said for the boy as she helped his limp body sit up on a chair.

ʚ ═══・୨ 📃 ୧・═══ ɞ

"Ugh,what is taking them so long!" Rachel complained as she slammed her pocket watch shut.

"I'm going in!" Eugene announced.

"Wait for me!"

ʚ ═══・୨ 📃 ୧・═══ ɞ

HIIIIII!!!
Uh let's forget the fact I disappeared for ages ☺️
Anywaysss as i said at the start of the chapter i do really love this chapter 🥹
Once again...please feel free to comment,they mean sm to me and I love interacting w readers!!

Yours truly,

Sunny ☀︎︎