𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒚

I hid in my car with Kylie, trying not to be seen. We watch Steven's house carefully, looking for suspicious behavior. 

"Come on, Mirella." Kylie says. "He's probably just doing whatever Steven would be doing."

"I don't know..." I say. "He just isn't acting like he usually is. I don't trust it." 

Kylie sighs. She reclines the chair in the SUV while I hold the binoculars up to my eyes. The streetlights flicker on and off. 

What feels like hours pass by, and no sign of Steven. I set down the binoculars and look out the windshield. "Don't worry," Kylie says. "Maybe he has family problems going on."

"I just wish he would tell me." I pull out my phone and look at the time. 9:03.

I hear a feminine giggling sound outside, and Kylie and I turn to look out the window. Steven is holding the door open. "Oh my goodness." Kylie pushes my shoulder down, forcing me to crouch down. I put the binoculars back on. He leads the girl to his infamous truck, but instead of opening the passenger door, he tosses the keys to her instead. 

"No. Way." I say. Kylie steals the binoculars.

She climbs into the truck and starts the ignition. "She's driving the truck." Kylie gasps. "Give me that." I take the binoculars back.

"He let her drive the truck? He never let me drive the truck!" I exclaim.

Kylie shakes her head and says, "That is so messed up."

I look at the truck and watch as my boyfriend kisses her intimately.

"Oh, now he's done it."