𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔

Kylie's mom stands at the island counter, chatting with my mother. They both sip glasses of champagne. 

"Hi mom," I say, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge. She embraces me in a hug and greets Kylie. 

"How was camp?" Kylie's mom asks her.

"It was good." Kylie answers. 

"Just good? I need details!" Her mom takes another sip of champagne. My mom pats her shoulder. "Let them go, they need to catch up more than we do."

We rush to my room.

"Oh my goodness! Your room!" 

Over the summer, I had my room redone. I repainted the bright pink walls to a pale cream and bought new bedspreads. My old room felt like a seven-year old's princess castle, and I wanted it to reflect the new me.

"Yeah, I changed it a little." 

"It is so cute!" Kylie flops onto my bed. "Your mattress was not this nice before."

"Wow, maybe the bedspread is magical." I say, throwing a pillow at her head.

"I'm serious!" She smiled.

"So, tell me about that cute lifeguard you wrote about," 

"He was literally the hottest guy I've even seen. Did I mention he was British?" She swoons. "I'm so sad I'll never see him again."

"Why not?" I ask. "Don't tell me you didn't get his number..."

"I didn't!" She buries her head into my bed. "I think his parents are like off the grid because he said he didn't even have a phone!"

"No."

"Yes."

"That's terrible." I say.

"And his name was literally Tom! Like men named Tom who have an English accent... I can't." She sighs. "I missed out."

We sit in silence until the doorbell rings. We walk out of my room and go to open the door. My mom has already beat us there, and Steven is taking off his shoes. I rush over and give him a hug. 

"Hi Steven," Kylie says. She turns to me. "I should be leaving now."

She mouths, "Tell me everything."

My mom says, "I'll bring some snacks to your room in a few minutes."

Of course. My mom always has to bring food or water whenever Steven comes over. It's her "sneaky" way of checking in on us to make sure we aren't having sex in my room or something.

"Thanks, Mrs. Romero." He says.

"For the last time, call me Andrea." My mom says. "Don't have too much fun in your room."

Oh. My. Goodness. She did not have to say that. Blood rushes into my cheeks, staining them maroon. Steven smirks. "We won't." 

He pulls me through the doorway. "Aren't you excited?" I joke.

He shuts me up by pressing his lips to mine. His teeth graze my bottom lip and I feel like everything is on fire. His lips move down to my neck, and then my collarbone. I grip his dark brown curls. 

My mom knocks on the door and we immediately separate. Steven sits in my desk chair and I lie down on my bed.

"Come in!" 

She opens the door, holding a platter of assorted fruits and crackers. My mom has been obsessed with charcuterie boards.

"Thanks mom." I say.

"Yeah, thanks mom." Steven also says.

"My mom and I both twist our heads to look at him.

"No way is this happening. You better not be pregnant, Mirella." She says.

"I'm just kidding, Mrs- I mean, Andrea." He says.

"You better be." My mom glares at him before walking out of the room. "Leave the door open."

Steven lies down on my bed next to me and puts his arm around my shoulder.

"Oh my goodness why would you say that?" I ask him.

"It was worth it to see your reaction," He says. "But now I want to know, would you ever want to get married someday."

"Someday, definitely. But not now." I rub his hand. "My heart is yours, forever."

𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆

why am i so bad at writing intimacy... also please give me ideas for the story

also, should i write a tom blyth fan fic...