Chapter 10: Supah' Fiyah'

"Did you see that girl over there? She's been looking at us," Nya spoke in a hushed voice to the group. My eyes moved to a figure adorning a gray hoodie that concealed their identity. In all honesty, it looked a lot like mine.

"You think she was checkin' me out?" Kai flexed a bicep with a smug grin. Cole elbowed him with a smile, to which Kai nudged him back with a playful grin. I chuckled a bit, turning my attention back to the hooded girl.

With her back towards us, I couldn't see anything but the jeans, boots, and jacket she wore. I looked towards the group, who's attention had already been diverted to another conversation. I didn't bother to get them back on topic as I rendered it hopeless.

I took the final bite of my pizza slice. Nothing beat the greasy pizza pies they served here, each piece I chewed reminding me of the small amount of time I had as a child. Taking a long sip of strawberry lemonade, he turned his attention towards the group.

He sighed and placed his hands on the table, "Are we done here? I think we've got our plans figured out for tomorrow, so?" Everybody hummed or nodded in agreement, pushing in their chairs and, in Kai's case, glancing back at the hooded girl, even if he could only see her side profile.

As I walked out behind the rest of the group, I took a quick look myself at the person who, according to Nya, was looking at us quite a bit. I didn't see her completely, at most a diagonal view of her side profile, but I could swear I knew her. Maybe it was a gut feeling, not sure, but something inside of me wanted to pull her hood off and take a good look at her face. Of course, I held back because, for one, that's just rude. And two, it was probably nothing. Maybe she just thought we were loud and annoying.

I shrugged it off, following them out through the glass doors. The cold, autumn wind immediately sent a shiver up my spine, the dark-green hoodie I wore not doing much to keep me warm. I mean, yes, it did its job fine, but in colder weather like this? I'd rather have that gray jacket I handed Sylvia.

Speaking of Sylvia, this was the hoodie that I had worn when I tripped over her. To think, if I had been watching my steps more carefully, or maybe if I wasn't listening to music, I would've never met her. What a weird concept.

"Lloyd, hurry up!" I was snapped out of my thoughts when Cole called to me from down the sidewalk. The group had already walked to where we parked our motorbikes. Nya threw her ponytail into a bun before she slipped on her helmet while Zane was already revving up. I smiled at the group and ran to them, joining them on my motorcycle as I slipped on my helmet.

"Let's go!" Nya shouted as she accelerated ahead impatiently.

Kai grinned as he shouted at her, "Hey! No fair!" He shoved his head into his helmet and quickly followed his sister. Jay followed not a second after, then Cole, then Zane. I shook my head with a scoff, and with a small press of acceleration, I tailed them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took a peak at my phone before I slipped it back into the pocket of my hoodie, reading the time.

2:34 PM. I could've been earlier, but of course something always had to happen to one person and inconvenienced everybody else. In this case, Cole had forgotten that he was baking a cake and decided to take a run. Hell, he didn't even have any specific plans today, actually. He completely skipped the question I asked them all last night. He really thought he could get away without doing anything but indulge in his own things.

Anyways, the cake had been left in the oven for so long, apparently it caught on fire. And, for some reason, Kai thought his "supah' fiyah'" would put it out, which only created a bigger fire. Then, according to Cole, Jay came along and used lightning to try and shut off the oven. It didn't work, and even if it did, it wouldn't have done anything to stop the fire. In the end, we had a broken oven that was still on fire. Luckily, Zane saved the day with ice, but now all of them were working on fixing the oven somehow, which I doubt they can do, and clean up the mess made.