Chapter 27

Maaate, AI is bloody incredible ^^
_______________

Melody's POV-

"Anne!" Niall calls out through the loud chatter in the meal tent as we step in through the large doors.
I see her leaning over a table, seemingly talking sternly to one of Harry's men about something, and when she hears her name being called she quickly whips around.

"Niall! Melody!" A smile stretches over her face as she pats the unfamiliar man on his back before manoeuvring herself through the massive sea of Harry's men to meet us at the entrance.

"How did you sleep, dear?" Anne asks me immediately as she pulls me in for a hug. I smile into her shoulder and give her a small squeeze in return, I'll never be able to get over Anne's warmth and kindness.

"Urgh... yeah, I slept okay thank you" I answer politely, unable to stop the inappropriate thoughts that immediately come flooding to the front of my mind at her mention of last night. 
I feel my cheeks going warm at the memories, and quickly bring my hands up to dab them gently, hoping that the colour isn't mimicking the way that I feel right now with a bright red tinge.

"I'm gonna go catch up with someone, I'll see you both soon" Niall interjects my thoughts as he squeezes my shoulder with his hand and gives Anne a polite nod before walking into the crowded tent, leaving Anne and I alone at the entrance of the tent.

"You left the bonfire pretty early last night..." Anne starts slowly, and I instantly feel my stomach knot up. "Was everything okay? Harry didn't do anything to upset you did he? I'm more than happy to put him in his place again if he's being a rude asshole" she jokes with playful eyes.

I giggle, I'll never be able to get over how Anne and Harry are with each other. It's a different kind of Mother-Son relationship that I've ever been subjected to, but I definitely admire their jokes that they have with each other and the unspoken never ending respect that they have for each other without ever having to fight for it.

"No no" I finally reply, realising I had left her in silence for a few short seconds, "I guess I just had a bit too much to drink, and Harry helped me to bed".

Anne raises her eyebrows with a small smirk that instantly reminds me of Harry as a little dimple appears in her cheek, "Hmmm, yes, we noticed that Harry didn't return to the party either after you both took off".

I can't help the unwelcome cough that splutters from my throat at her unexpected comment, but I quickly try and compose myself.

"Yeah, I, um, I... He said he was tired anyway, I think. So yeah, he went to bed shortly after me too" I internally cringe at my stuttering, stupid excuse. Why am I making this so awkward when her questions may just be entirely innocent?

"Mhmmm" Anne's face holds a tight smirk, and I can tell that she doesn't believe me, but I don't care. I am not going into detail of what her son can do with his tongue. And his fingers, god....
Stop it Melody.

"Speaking of..." I trail off, desperately hoping for a change of topic as I look back at the doorway. "Do you know what happened with Harry? He seemed kind of...."

"Pissed?" Anne cuts in with a chuckle, and I smile, shrugging in agreement.

"He'll be okay, he's just mad at me for something I said" She smiles warmly, reaching out and touching my shoulder. "Come, have something to eat with me before I have to head off, you must be starving".

"Okay" I smile in return, taking one last look towards the tent doors before following Anne into the meal tent.

....