Chapter 2 Happy Birthday

POV: Zayla

I'm woken up by banging on my bedroom door. "Rise and shine Zay. Time to get up." Ugh! I throw my comforter off me and get out of bed. "Zay! Get up! Breakfast is ready!" My older half-sister, Miranda screams at me from downstairs. "I'm up now will you shut up!" I scream from my bedroom to her. Ugh! I swear she does that on purpose. She waits until I get up and screams at me right after. So annoying.

Today is February fourteenth which means it's my birthday and not only Valentine's Day. I slip on my little bunny slippers and grab my pet cat, cloud. I named her that because she's white and fluffy like a cloud.

I walk downstairs petting the top of her head in my arms. "Good morning." I greet everyone as I enter the kitchen. "Morning," Mom says back.

"Happy birthday lil sis. Here I got you this." Miranda slides a box wrapped in silver paper with pink polka dots and a glittery blue gift bag with pink and purple tissue paper sticking out towards me on the kitchen island. "Oh, thanks."

"Huh. Wait for me. Her just for my bestie. Happy birthday Zay." Cassie comes running down the stairs. I guess she spent the night last night with Jordan last night. She's been doing that more and more lately. Jordan is waiting for Cassie to graduate high school before they get their own place. It was the deal they made with her brother, Alpha Damon.

Cassie sets a small lilac purple gift bag with glittery deep royal purple tissue paper and a medium-sized baby blue gift bag with white glitter dots on it and white tissue paper. "Awe Cassie you're so sweet. Thank you."

She waves her hand like it was nothing. "I guess we're doing presents this morning. Here you go kiddo." Randy says placing a small black square box with a pink ribbon tied into a bow. I love how everyone chose my favorite colors in wrapping the presents up. My favorite colors are pink, purple, and blue.

Mom puts her present in the mix too. My phone beeps so I check it and it's the same thing I always get from Courtney on my birthday. She sends me a selfish of herself flipping me off. Screw her. I can't stand her.

Everyone sits down at the table. We have a bit of a tradition in this house. We're only allowed to have French toast on your birthday or if it is a special occasion. We all eat our breakfast which is French toast. It's amazing. On mine, I like to put extra cinnamon sugar, butter, powdered sugar, and hot maple syrup. Yummy.

After everyone has eaten Mom places my traditional red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting and a candle in front of me. Randy lights the candle and everyone sings Happy Birthday. We do my little birthday party thing in the morning because everyone will be busy with their valentines later. I've never actually had a Valentine on Valentine's Day.

I make my wish that I find my mate today and he will love me as I am then I blow out the flame from the candle. I move back over to the kitchen island to open my presents up. I eat my cupcake as it begins to open the first one which is mom's. I pull out a pink, red, and purple tie-dye plush throw blanket with matching pillows. "I love it." I thank her. If there's one thing that I like it's sleep. I love bed stuff like blankets and pillows. I'm one of those people that would wear pajamas all day if given the choice

I pick Cassie's next. I pull out my favorite body spray which is Bahamas by Bath and Body Works. It smells like passion fruit and banana flowers. It's my absolute favorite scent. Then in the same bag as that is some scrunchies and a lip gloss set. Lip gloss and black eyeliner are about all I wear for makeup. I don't even put on foundation.