Chapter 3 Valentine's Day

POV: Damon

Hi, my name is Damon Kai Moonstone and I'm 18 years old. I'm the Alpha of the Blue Moonstone Pack. My parents died a few years back causing me to become Alpha early. Due to that all of my father's higher ranked stepped down and let my higher ranked step up.

I have blue eyes and dirty blonde hair and I'm six foot seven inches. I have your typical Alpha build of muscles and a six-pack. The fact that I work out a lot helps with that too. My left ear love is pierced along with having two piercings at the outer end of my right eyebrow.

On my left shoulder blade, I have a tattoo of a wolf. I'm not sure why but I chose to have the wolf colored a deep royal purple color. It's odd but I like it. Then on my upper right arm is a Cresent moon with that same purple wolf and just under my right collar bone is have 8/03/2019 mom and Dad written in script. This is the day I lost my parents.

My sister, Cassie is mated to my Gamma, Jordan. With my parents gone, I've been looking out for my little sister since our parents died. I made a deal with Jordan that Cassie would stay living here at the packhouse with me until she graduates high school. Then they can live together.

However, this doesn't stop the loophole they've found. They have a lot of sleepovers. Cassie will use Courtney and Zayla as an excuse to spend the night over there. I know for a fact that Zayla isn't having any sleepovers that include Courtney. Those two have never gotten along and it doesn't help that they live in the same room.

Courtney is my ex. She has tried on many occasions to get back together with me. She claims we are mates and tells the whole pack this but it isn't true. Truth is I haven't met my mate. If 8 had I would have announced it to the pack. Either way most of the pack believes that Courtney and I are an on-again off off-again couple. I broke up with her a while ago. Now it probably doesn't help that I have hooked up with her a few times after that.

I have a bunch of hook-up friends. Courtney is just one of them. That's as far as that relationship goes. There is one person that I would like to give it a go with but she's off limits. Cassie would kill me if I even pursued her. The thing is since I was around sixteen I've had this unwavering connection to Zayla.

Cassie had forbade me from dating Zayla. Why I have no idea. I mean it's not like I haven't dated any of her friends before. I think as much as Cassie tries to deny it Zayla is her favorite friend in her friend group. Zayla is different than most girls. She is pure of heart and Cassie just wants to protect Zayla from me. I'm known as a player. I like girls a lot. That's not to say I can't be faithful because I can but that loyalty is meant for my mate.

Today is Valentine's Day and I have no Valentine. My wolf, Kai has told me not to do anything for Valentine's Day. I do have to agree. I have this feeling like something is going to happen today and I should keep free. "Damon, what should I do with the rogues camped outside our borders?" My beta Landon asks me.

I groan just at the mention of it. We've had a lot of rogues coming to the borders lately. Some aren't normal. It's almost like they're under some kind of spell or curse. I've managed so far to keep it confined to the borders so far. However, I'm not sure how much longer I can keep that up. It's almost like they're here searching for something. What that is I have no idea.

"Just keep to the same thing we've been doing for now. Don't make any move until they do." I order. "OK. Anyway are you ready for school?" I nod yes and grab my bag. Normally I would have graduated high school first then my dad would have stepped down. I have to do all of my school stuff and alpha stuff at the same time. It probably doesn't help that I'm the captain of the football team, on the basketball team, captain of the debate team and captain of the track team, and on the lacrosse team. My high school career isn't bad at all.  This does even mention my at-home hobbies like the guitar and photography.