6.

"Well where the hell is Crys, she should've been here by now" Bria stated as she grabbed her phone, excusing herself and calling Crystal.

"hey B what's up?" Crystal staid when she answered. "girl where you at?" "i'm on my way girl why you rushing me?" "dad just talked to Trey. what about? i don't know. it was weird"

"oh so Devale is there?" Crystal asked

"girl get your ass here shit"

"aright im down the street. tell my man i love him"

They both laughed, disconnect the call and Bria goes back to join everyone else.

"where is mama Sal? is she coming?" Bria asked

"yea she's on her way, she had to make a stop" Trey said

"excuse me yall ill be back i forgot my phone in the car" Devale said before walking outside. He unlocked his car and retrieved his phone that was in the cup holder. While he was closing his door he saw Crystal pull up and smiled at her. Devale locked his car and went to her car to open the door for her.

"What's up?" Devale said with a slight smile.

"Hey, thank you" Crystal said standing up out of the car. She had on a royal blue t shirt, light washed ripped jeans, and some royal blue shoes.

"no problem, you look good." Devale complimented as he closed the door, scanning her body. He thought she looked good in anything so he knew she'd look amazing naked.

"thank you i can say the same for you" Crystal walked toward the front door and Devale just watched the way her ass was moving in those jeans.

she looked back at him still in the same spot, "you gonna come in?"

"yea i'm coming" He began walking towards her. She loved everything about the way he walked if you get what she's putting down.

They walk in the house and Crystal says hey to everyone. Everyone gets themselves something to snack on and the men go outside while the women were inside. It was football season so they had the games on a TV outside and the one in the living room.

Crystal looked outside to where the men were going and saw Kairen shooting on the basketball hoop and grew concerned so she went outside to confront him.

"Kairen Amani Hayslett" Crystal said. Devale heard her and quickly went up to her stopping her from ruining the boys fun.

"Crystal" Devale said putting a arm in front of her stopping her in her tracks

"Why is he up on his foot Devale? if anything he should be resting it right now. he might get hurt again the fuck?!"

"can you calm down please?"

"calm down? nigga please. Kair-" Crystal began walking again but was cut off by Devale pulling her to him and making her look into his eyes.

"will you listen to me? damn"

"what Devale?" Crystal said rolling her eyes

"look the swelling has gone down a lot. I did some treatment on it and it's helping. He says it doesn't hurt anymore."

"that doesn't matter he coul-"

"aye quit interrupting me" Devale said in a stern tone. "i'm sorry" Crysta apologized

"he's been upset with himself because he couldn't do the one thing he loved. he's been doing all the right things all weekend, so yes i let him shoot and that's it. i want my boy to be happy and he's not going to get hurt again. and if you want to be mad at someone be mad at me, he's just a kid."