51: NINOTCHKA🤗

This book is dedicated to
@caffeineallday

.
.
.
.
.

...51...

NINOTCHKA🤗

The bedroom had been prepared when he arrived to with her still asleep in his arms. Hyeera had prepared everything and was waiting alongside the royal physician. Cora, Vura, Xiera, the Little Prince and his aide were all invited, all of them told to come into the bedroom by Hyeera who directed the Emperor to place the lady in his arms onto the bed. Peter hung coconut and lemon scented pouches all around the bedroom while Hyeera went about opening the windows. Cora lit the scented candles while Xiera just stared on in confusion.

Matrrix had come with a box which he opened up and drew out five silver cups of varying sizes. He went about missing some kind of concotion in the largest on with water and rose petals and magic. When he was done, he placed his hands over the rim of the cup to cover the top and began to chant in that familiar language of magic. He closed his eyes as he said word after word. Then, the cup began to vibrate bit by bit until it was shaking violently yet it did not topple over even when he took his palms off of it. The mixture inside was troubled and began to boil over, bubbling with oxblood liquid.

'Sedu mon gus sara na te ghe. Avec comple sano rivo mena sicker kia,' he sang in a loud voice. That peculiar yet familiar reddish orange light began to fill the large bedroom. As usual, I carried along with it that sweet fragrance of oranges that had been recently peeled. The light waxed from tenderly glowing to blindingly bright and effulgent.

'Avon the warlock,' that soft feminine voice began the moment everything went silent, 'you summon me from time too often these days.'

'Forgive me Quiero Quei, but your ward is lying here, half awakened by her element and not in her right mind. Only you can make her forget everything that has transpired till the time is right,' he said.

'You do know that it will be better for all if us if she is allowed to break free, not subdued. You do know that it will be better if she were aware of what exactly she is, right?'

'Yes we do.'

'Then why do you all have to go through this because this demon says that he is not ready for it?! Why?!' Not a sound was made. 'Answer me?!' she yelled once again.

'Quiero Quei I-'

'No! No not you!' she snapped at the emperor who had just begun talking to her. 'Spare me any crap that you are about to bring as reason. If this woman runs wild when you are not in sight and something goes wrong I her half awakened state, then, remember that it is your fault. Noone will bear that responsibility with you, alright?' she simply warned him.

'Yes, I know.'

'Let us begin,' Quiero Quei said to Matrix. 'But first, you cannot rouse her out of that slumber with a concoction of magic only. You need to add something stronger that can have her beast violent and aggressive. It is crucial for this.'

'Will the emperor's blood do?' Hyeera asked her.

'Yes Vandodara the healer. If not the emperor's blood, whose shall we use for this?' she asked. They all heard the underlying sarcasm in her sentence. But none was offended. They had work to do.

Hyeera took the silver cup with the mixture and poured some of it into a smaller silver cup. She selected a small silver knife and went to the emperor with it and the cup. 'I am sorry My Lord, but this will hurt an itsy bitsy bit,' she told him.

'Go ahead,' he urged her.

'Ses ses mon tranno,' she began her own chant in the same language of magic. She placed the cup under the emperor's outstretched arms and then  ran the silver blade across his middle finger, thereby making a rather deep cut. The emperor didn't show any sign of having being cut. Instead, he pressed hard on his middle finger and watched as his red blood dropped slowly into the mixture.