05.: Weak Heart

playιng: [Cravin] - [Stileto]

1:35 ──────ㅇ───────── 3:47

--- ---

╰┈➤ ❝ [POV Yu'kiya] ❞ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

I SAT IN MY HUT and just stared at the ground. The moment with Neteyam yesterday, I didn't know what to feel. It felt so right and yet so wrong.

"So? Have you asked Neteyam to give you lessons?" Eyktan came into the hut with a box in his hands. Our families have shared a hut all our lives before it was a home tree. But we always had the biggest home.

"Yes..." I replied and briefly looked back at him. "Is something wrong? You don't look happy." He dropped the boxes at his feet. "I'm just thinking a lot. What's in there?" I nodded towards the box on the floor. "Norm gave me a few parts for you. You're so interested in sky people stuff. Besides, I wanted to try building something myself."

"You two are far too much like Lyk. He used to always have his nose in all the sky people's things. Which also surprises me since you're not even related to him by blood, Eyktan." said Tsu'tey, who was sitting in the corner of the room in front of us, repairing Kili's bow.

Eyktan chuckled briefly at his father's statement before turning back to me. "I would have liked to help you aim, but I only help Ateyo with the young people and I can only help one of you." He walked past me to Tsu'tey, where all the bows were lying.

"Maybe I'll stop by Ateyo's arching class later." I said to him. "Okay. I'll go to Neteyam in a moment. As far as I know, his free time is over, his Olo'eyktan training has started again and apparently he should do something with Nah'li more often. But since I know that he doesn't really like her, I'll ask if I can borrow him for a while to go archery with Nikti. If he has time, you can come over and he can teach you to aim better." He checked his bow for any flaws and tightened the string before turning back and heading towards the exit.

"How do you know he's not into her? Did he tell you?" He shook his head. "No, but you can see it. His tail starts to wiggle when he talks to someone he likes. Depending on what level of like you are with him, the more it wiggles. With Nah'li, it doesn't move a bit, so... i guess he doesn't feel comfortable in her presence. If you weren't so reserved and studied boys or people in general, you would check body language more."

"HEY!" I replied insulted. "Eyktan, leave your cousin alone, at least she has respect and doesn't stare at boys like you and your little friends stare at girls." Tsu'tey said with concentration. "Then you probably don't know Yu well yet Dad." "What?" Tsu'tey looked at me. "He is lying!" I protested, causing Tsu'tey to roll his eyes at our childishness. "Just act like your age, okay."