Part 5

My heart raced as I stepped into the Potions classroom, my mind consumed by thoughts of my secret admirer. The excitement and curiosity swirled within me, making it difficult to focus on anything else. Today, like every other day, I found myself partnered with Draco Malfoy, the very person who despised me.

I sighed inwardly, bracing myself for the snide remarks and cold indifference that usually marked our interactions. Professor Snape's instructions floated in the air, but my attention wavered. The complex potion ingredients blurred before my eyes, and I felt a wave of frustration wash over me. I was struggling, and Draco's presence only made it worse.

Lost in my own thoughts, I was startled when a piece of parchment slid onto my desk. I glanced up, meeting Draco's gaze for a fleeting moment before he looked away. Confusion knitted my brows together as I unfolded the note, half-expecting another cutting insult.

To my surprise, Draco's neat handwriting adorned the parchment, offering meticulous notes, clear instructions, and even some helpful tips. My heart skipped a beat. It was the first genuine act of kindness I had ever received from him.

Warmth spread through me as I realized that beneath Draco's tough exterior, there might be more to him than met the eye. Could it be possible that my secret admirer was none other than Draco Malfoy himself? The possibility sent a thrilling shiver down my spine, and I couldn't help stealing a glance at him, now absorbed in his own work.

Armed with Draco's notes, I began following the instructions with renewed determination. As I carefully measured and mixed the potion ingredients, a flicker of hope ignited within me. Perhaps, behind Draco's mask of hostility, there lay a chance for understanding and connection.

As the class drew to a close, I returned Draco's notes, our eyes meeting once again. In that moment, I detected a glimmer of vulnerability in his expression. Leaving the classroom, a smile played on my lips.