Part 6.

Sitting alone at the Hufflepuff table during dinner, I buried myself in a book, trying to catch up on some studying. The lively chatter and laughter of my fellow Hufflepuffs surrounded me, but I remained engrossed in my studies, oblivious to the world around me. The anticipation of discovering my secret admirer's identity, combined with Draco's unexpected act of kindness earlier, had filled me with an indescribable excitement.

As the owls swooped down, delivering letters and packages to various students, my heart skipped a beat. A small, beautifully wrapped box landed gently on the table in front of me. My eyes widened with sheer delight. It was from my secret admirer! Carefully, I picked up the box, examining its intricate design and the silky ribbon that adorned it. There was no letter attached, but the presence of the gift itself spoke volumes.

A surge of joy and curiosity coursed through me as I gently untied the ribbon and opened the box. Inside, nestled amidst delicate tissue paper, were a collection of exquisite chocolates. Each one seemed to be crafted with utmost care and attention to detail. I couldn't help but marvel at the thoughtfulness behind this gesture.

The Great Hall faded into the background as I savored the moment, relishing in the sweetness of the chocolates and the mystery that enveloped me. It was a tangible reminder that someone out there, someone who had taken notice of me, wanted to bring a touch of happiness into my life.

My mind raced with questions and possibilities. Who could my secret admirer be? With a contented smile on my face, I tucked the box of chocolates safely into my bag, holding onto the hope that the next clue would bring me closer to unraveling the mystery. Tonight, I would fall asleep with dreams of possibilities.

Draco POV:

As I watched Y/N's face light up with excitement, my heart raced in my chest. From my seat at the Slytherin table, I couldn't tear my gaze away from her. The sight of her smile, brought upon by the small box of chocolates I had sent, filled me with a mixture of nervousness and elation.

Despite my pretense of indifference and hostility towards Y/N, the truth was far from that. There was something about her quiet nature, her kindness, and her ability to see the good in others that drew me in. Yet, my own insecurities and the pressure of my friends had forced me to hide my true feelings, maintaining a facade of disdain.

Crabbe and Goyle, noticing the exchange between Y/N and me, nudged me with smirks on their faces. They were always quick to tease and mock.

"Look at Malfoy, playing nice with the Hufflepuff," Crabbe snickered, nudging me in the ribs. "What's the matter, mate? Falling for a Hufflepuff now?"

Disgust twisted through me, and I sneered at his comment. "Don't be ridiculous," I scoffed, my voice dripping with disdain. "Why would I waste my time on a pathetic Hufflepuff like her?"

Goyle joined in the laughter, his eyes flitting between me and Y/N. "You're right, Draco. A Hufflepuff isn't worth your attention."

I clenched my jaw, shooting them a warning glance. "Exactly. Let's not dwell on such insignificant matters," I muttered, my voice tinged with defensiveness.

Underneath it all, guilt gnawed at me. I knew I was deceiving my friends, pretending to be the same old Draco while secretly harboring feelings for Y/N. The sight of her smile, the way her eyes lit up, it stirred something within me. I couldn't deny the growing connection I felt, even if it meant straying from the path I had once followed.

As Crabbe and Goyle continued their banter, my attention returned to Y/N. Excitement and apprehension surged through me. I longed for the day when I could shed this false persona and reveal my true self to her – someone capable of kindness and affection.

With a heavy sigh, I plastered a mask of indifference on my face, joining in my friends' laughter. But deep down, guilt gnawed at my conscience, a constant reminder of the conflict between the person I was expected to be and the person I was becoming.