Chapter 2

Riri had arrived back to her apartment for the night. Her roommate and best friend, Leona, was already there. She sat on the couch watching TV as she drew new tattoo designs.

"How was the studying?" Leona asked her.

Thyri walked up to Leona, sat on the couch next to her, and handed her a bag of macaroons.

"Today's study session was....interesting to say the least." Thyri responded.

"Ooo, How so?"

"A weird guy went into the café tonight. We talked...I couldn't see his face though."

"Oh....ok then.. Anyway you should get to bed, don't you have classes in the morning and a shift at Starbucks?"

"Yea I do. But, doesn't you're shift tomorrow start in the morning as well?" Thyri asked as she crossed her arms.

"I do, but we're not talking about me. We're talking about you." Leona responded.

Thyri playfully rolled her eyes then sighed, "Yea yea, whatever you say. Good night."

Leona nodded and went back to drawing. Thyri went down the hall and up the stairs to her room. She laid her bag down and threw herself on her bed.

"*Sigh*"

She went through her pocket and pulled out the napkin. She set it on the intable near her bed.

"... maybe tomorrow.."

*Outside of the door, Leona was walking towards her room and decided to walk in Thyri's.*

"Girl, if you don't grow a pair and message him." Leona responded.

"He might be asleep right now.." She responded.

"And he might not be. The only way for you to know is if you text him."

"Aughhh... you're right"

"I know I am. Now," Leona took the napkin and sat on her bed with Thyri," give me your phone, don't want you chickening out on me."

Thyri rolled her eyes and crossed her legs, and tossed her phone at Leona. Leona leaned against the bedframe and started typing the number in Thyri's contacts then sent, 'qHey, This is the girl from the Cafe earlier.' to the number.

"Now we wait." Leona said, placing the phone between the two.

"I don't think this is a good idea..." Thyri said

"Do I need to get Stephanie over here??

"Stephanie is probably sleeping and she'll yell at us both for waking her up before work tomorrow."

"Yea... you're right....but, that doesn't mean you're off the hook."

"Mhm.. whatever you say."

*A moment of silence fell over the room. Then, the phone buzzed. A new message appeared on the screen.*

"Ooo! he messaged." Leona picked up the phone.

"What did he say?"

"He said 'The pretty lady, right?' Heyaa! He thinks you're pretty!!"

"Bro, of course he thinks I'm pretty. You know how asian men love melanin." Thyri crossed her arms at Leona.

"But he called you specifically pretty."

"Tch." Thyri took her phone and responded.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~        

                    Conversation with JJK

                                                                                Thyri
                                                               Yea that's me

JJK
Great. Miss Riri? Correct, right?
That's what I heard the waiter
Call you

Thyri
Riri is just a nickname of
Mine
My full name is Thyri

JJK
Interesting

Thyri
So what does JJK mean?

JJK
You don't have to worry about that
You can call me bunny
Or anything else you want1

Thyri
Sure thing now..I should
Get to bed now.
Thanks for an interesting time

Thyri changed JJK's Nickname to 'Bunny🐇❤️'

Thyri went offline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How was the chat?" Leona asked as she looked over Thyri's shoulder.

"Better than expected.."

"That's good, but now we should actually get some sleep.. don't want Stephanie digging into your ass about you being too tired to work." Leona said as she got up.

"Good night. For real this time."

"Good night."

Leona left the room and closed the door behind her. Thyri laid back on her bed and stared at the ceiling. Until she fell asleep in the dark room.

640 words