•Chapter Eight

-Jahaan-

Dhivti. Literally the only person I am thinking about these days. I last saw her at my place. That time, I saw something in her eyes. Vulnerability and pain. The time when she called herself an atheist? she was lying. Not sure if to me or herself. The tattoo on her wrist proved it. She is resentful and holding herself back and god help me, it hurt me. It hurt me when I saw the pain in her eyes even though it was just for a moment. She was quick enough to shut it all off. On the other hand, I could not stop looking at her. I tried my best to look away but my eyes betrayed me. I have come into a conclusion that I may be having a tiny miny crush on Dhivti Verma. Just a tiny miny one, not a big deal, right? I am pretty sure I will get over it. It is just a tiny miny crush.

A phone ring breaks my thoughts.

"Yes, Aarav?" I say as soon as I pick the call.

"Where are you, doctor?"

"Exactly where a doctor is supposed to be," I roll my eyes.

"Don't tell me you're operating someone's brain out," he gasps, dramatically.

"No, but if I am ever to do that, yours will be first."

"Shut up, when are you coming?"

Today is finally the day for his engagement.

"I am just about to leave, why?"

"Nothing, I just thought you might forget your best friend's engagement day so thought of reminding you."

"Too bad, I have a good memory."

"I appreciate it, see you," he says and I just shake my head and cut the call.

.

I am finally ready to go for his engagement and on my way too.

Will Dhivti come too? Shut up Jahaan, you are not supposed to think about her

Will Dhivti come too? Shut up Jahaan, you are not supposed to think about her. Remember, it's just a tiny miny crush. My subconscious mind warns me. So what if it's just a crush? She has been too much in my mind for being just a crush. So not done.

I reach the venue to be greeted by the to-be groom, my very own best friend, Aarav Shah.

"Jahaan, how do I look?"

"You look like shit, as always," I give him a cheeky smile after my sarcastic remark.

"You are just jealous I am getting hitched whereas you, do not even have a girl, apparently."

"And who said I want one? Besides, I can get any damn girl I want. I do not have to be stuck up like you were for months on Anisha," I roll my eyes.

"A little compliment was all I fucking wanted," he rolls his eyes too.

"You look okay, bro."

"Just okay?" he raises his eyebrows and gestures his hands up and down to show me how he is dressed.