Venator: Part 4

"Okay, I think we lost them." Yujin says tiredly. After running through alleyways for a few minutes, the group of four had managed to find refuge in a coffee shop a couple blocks away from Liz and Rei's apartment. Just in case people would recognize them though, Yujin and Wonyoung decided to wear masks to cover most of their facial features.

"Who were they?" Liz asks, still trying to absorb what just happened.

"They're likely from Hunter Geun's group. When you have a voice and platform like his, it becomes easy to sway people to do his bidding in the name of his 'cause'." Wonyoung replies, putting air quotes around the last word.

"I'm more sure now than ever that they're the ones who abducted your friend, Gaeul." Yujin adds. Just as they were about to discuss more, a woman coughs to get their attention. The puppy turns around immediately in a fighting stance, but is embarrassed to see that it was just the shop owner.

"If you young ladies are going to take up a table, you better be ordering something." She chides. Yujin nods apologetically and orders some iced americanos and iced chocolate drinks for the group.

"Alright, so since they know you have abilities too, it wouldn't make sense to leave you two alone anymore. I messaged our leader, Eunbi, that we're taking you two in." The puppy says while sipping on her drink. Eunbi didn't initially approve of the idea, but it didn't seem like they had many alternatives. Everyone else was either on their own missions or too far away to get there in time for reinforcements.

"So, are you and Wonyoung like superheroes or spies?" Liz asks curiously.

"We used to think that too, but to be honest, we're just some mutants who are trying to do good for others." Wonyoung replies with a giggle before continuing. "Tell us about you two though. Like, what are your powers? We've kind of seen them in action, but a description always helps. Mine is telekinesis. Meanwhile, Yujin's is water-bending."

"I have the ability to control metals and mold them how I want." Rei says, referencing how she managed to pull those manhole-covers up to them like a magnet.

"Meanwhile, I can phase through objects. Basically like walking through walls and stuff." Liz replies.

"Those are some pretty cool powers. I'm sure they'll be helpful in the place we're going to. From the outside, it'll look like a normal pharmacy, but these people always have some kind of hidden base connected to it." Yujin says with a nod before going into detail about what their next moves were going to be.

~~~~

By the time they arrived at the pharmacy, the moon was already starting to rise. What immediately came to the group's attention though was that the store was already closed, the lights shut and doors locked.

"That's odd. Aren't these places supposed to be open until late?" Rei asks.

"Mhm, which makes it red flag number one on why this place is suspicious." Wonyoung says as the four sneak closer, eventually arriving at one of the side doors.

"Liz, do your thing." Yujin says after peering through the windows and not seeing anyone. The blonde girl nods and walks right through the door as if it wasn't there. After a couple seconds, the handle clicks and opens for the rest of the group. Rei gives Liz a fist bump on the way in.

"We were like that too on our first mission, right?" Wonyoung asks Yujin after seeing the new duo's enthusiasm.

"Yeah, well, the thrill hasn't gone away for me yet, Wonnie." The puppy replies with a small laugh. She always enjoyed going on missions because it was an opportunity to help others, and that feeling hasn't changed.