𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐀 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬

𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙍𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧: 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙣 𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩, 𝙙𝙤 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙘𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙖 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

Birds chirp their tunes on a chilly day. The woods are a place of nature, freedom, wonder, and mystery. The woods harbor many flora and fauna both that equally balance each other even with the humans who try to rebalance it against its will.

Autumn was here and every single being in the woods knew. The trees with their orange and brown leaves that slowly fall to the ground, dancing as a final gesture of the now gone summer days.

The animals are searching for food to prepare for the harsh winter to come.

But then the animals perked up as the sounds of millions of whispers rushed in the air. Whispers that held something yet held nothing, secrets within that no person will ever decipher.

Yet these whispers followed a group of people. Seven children and several adults made the group. The seven children looked nothing like children should, not a glimpse of joy in their eyes or mouth. Their eyes dull and lifeless, hair unkempt with no sense of direction in styling, skin pale as snow, and clothes that looked like they were beautiful before were just torn and ragged. They walked barefoot and ignored anything that caused pain.

Like they almost couldn't feel pain or cold at all

The seven children all looked like they were teens except the smallest one of the group. He was like a runt who has yet to grow but they paid no mind. In fact all they could even care was that the whispers that followed him would ever disappear.

His (e/c) eyes scanned nothing but the path ahead. He knew nothing about the other children except that they were his "brothers and sisters" and the adults behind them were their saviors.

The adults just watched the children as they were assigned to. The church was not far away and they knew that. They looked at the children in awe on how much they grew in the church. They didn't call the seven children by their original names.

Only by the names the church gave them

All the children had a sin assigned to them

All seven children with one of the seven deadly sins.

Acheron, sin of Pride (Meaning: River of Sorrow) and the oldest brother at 18 years old.

Achlys, sin of Greed (Meaning: Death Mist) the oldest sister at 18 years old as well.

Brisha, sin of Envy (Meaning: Son of Wickedness) the second oldest brother at 17 years old.

Cozbi, sin of Wrath (Meaning: Liar) the second oldest sister at 17 years old as well.