24

"I don't care what we have to do. We're gonna find my daughter." I crossed my arms and stared at the screen.

"We will. It's just hard because she doesn't have her phone. We can't track her easily." Zayn rapidly typed away.

"I understand that." I aggressively spoke. "But, that's not an excuse for us because Carla is on a mission to abduct her."

"We're working as best as we can, Mia." Matt tried to smoothe everything over.

"Clearly, not well enough." I scoffed. "She took Zena. Yeira's next." I shook my head. "And we don't even have a location on Zena!"

"We'll find her as well." Jade rubbed my arm. "Just be a little patient."

"I can't be when my world is literally ending!" I was beyond frustrated.

"Mia." Matt held a hand out. "Let's go to another room."

"But-"

"Mia." He sternly spoke. "You two, keep working." Jade and Zayn nodded. "This way." He guided me outside.

I scoffed, but complied. The two of us went to an adjacent room. I reluctantly sat down and crossed my arms while Matt leaned against a table. He crossed his arms and took a deep breath before speaking.

"In any normal circumstance, I'd pull you from this case." I opened my mouth to retort, but he held a hand up. "The only reason I'm choosing to allow you to continue is that I know you won't stop. Even if you're not working with us, you'd work independently. And I'd rather work with you, so that we can collaborate and move faster." He stated. "You're way too emotional about this."

"Matt, it's my family."

"And I understand." He nodded. "I'm not criticizing. I'm stating the obvious. This is too personal for you that you're beginning to make mistakes. You're rushing and being careless. You need to take a deep breath and slow down."

"My kids-"

"Mia." He softly spoke. "Being emotional and making rash decisions isn't gonna save them. It's not gonna help us find them any sooner. We need a calm and collected Amelia for this to work. I know it's hard, but I need you to semi-detach yourself."

"I'll try." I sighed because he's right.

"Now, if this didn't involve your family...what would you do?.

"I'd..." I shook my head as I tried to think logically. "A person who lives off the grid." I stated. "Do we know any frequent spots they visit? What they like to do? Interests? Hobbies? Preferred location? Foods they like? Cultures? Lifestyle-" I paused.

"You have an idea." He smirked.

"Yeira was in the US because of Zena. Not because she liked it or anything. She's more of a European type girl."

"You thinking France because she's more accustomed to that culture?"

"No." I shook my head. "More comfortable with the language, but the culture is too stuffy. She likes to let loose and have fun and no cares."

"Different European country."

"Warmer. More tropic. Party. Drink." I then rolled my eyes. "Hot girls."

"Okay." Matt thought aloud. "Western or eastern-"

"Definitely western since Eastern Europe would remind her of the vamp realm." I nodded.

"Okay." Matt muttered. "Spain? Portugal? Greece?.

"I..." I continued thinking. "One of those."

"What else?"