CHAPTER - 04

SIERRA'S POV:

Leaving from the college after interacting with Mira I walk towards the cafe. Actually, I have an interview for a job at Seven Pm, so there is still one hour left.

Therefore I thought of going to the café to grab something to eat as I haven't eaten dinner and breakfast. Soon I arrived at Cafe and bought myself a sandwich and a coffee.

Later, I approached Heavens Cafe and at the counter I greeted the manager with a warm smile and the conversation started. The cafe manager told me to do a trial test. I demonstrated my abilities in creating beautifully crafted lattes, cappuccinos and array of bakes.

After all the trial tests, there were about to announce the results, phew.. impressed by my performance and creativity I got selected in Heavens Cafe. From tomorrow onward I'm going to work hard and earn money to survive.

Overjoyed by the opportunity of getting accepted, i walk back to my house and notice mom having dinner.

The food is scattered all around the dining table with different types of tasty dishes filled with aromatic smell spreading the area. I wanted to have it but couldn't, even mom would not give me to eat, so I just ignored it.

"I'm home," I muttered feeling exhausted and entering the kitchen. I drank a glass of water and was about to go to my room but mom,"Sierra, this is my dinner as you can see, so with pity I would offer you a piece of bread to have," she said sarcastically laughing at me.

"No mom, I'm not hungry and I'm going to sleep." I said trying to stop my anger from arousing.

I lie down on my bed feeling nothing but numb, no tears falling only numbness. My mind is being ripped apart over and over again and my soul is exhausted from trying to hold it all together and in the end I ask myself again and again, Am I monster, or a victim of myself.

I woke up as I would any other day, I went to the bathroom and freshened myself and put on my outfit. I wore a white Tshirt, black jeans with long green coat and sneakers.

 I wore a white Tshirt, black jeans with long green coat and sneakers

I walk downstairs and sprint outside to college. I reached the college on time and the bell rang for classes.

Attending the college to excel my studies was simply a part of it but the actual reason, is to stay away from my home. People say, home is the safest place where you can go but to me, home is the worst prison in the world.

Later, it was lunch time, hence stepping into the cafeteria and walking towards the food section, grabbed a bun with a milk. There were varieties of meals to choose buy I wasn't hungry. Looking around I found a seat at the last corner and comforted myself. Observing around I stuffed bun into my mouth and notice a group of three girl approaching me and sitting next to me.

There are popular girls in our college and are know as college queen bees. But I rather prefer calling them as college bitches. These bitches are good for nothing but they are spoiled by their parents wealth and move around bragging about their shitty expensive things. Therefore the sat next to me and talked foolishly about how elite they are.