4. Problems With Mirrors

Dave paced back and forth outside the bathroom, his heart heavy with concern. He could hear muffled sobs echoing from within, and it broke his heart to know that Kurt, his bandmate and dear friend, was hurting. Without hesitation, Dave gently pushed open the door, revealing Kurt hunched over, tears streaming down his face.

"Kurt," Dave whispered, his voice filled with tenderness as he knelt beside his friend. "What's wrong, man? Talk to me."

Kurt looked up, his eyes red and weary. "I'm just...I don't know. I'm sorry," he murmured, his voice barely rising, but after a pause Kurt spoke his raspy and quiet voice again. "Im just not good enough. Im not pretty or beautiful, I'm not worth it man. I'm surprised you're even still here. Around somebody.. like me."

Dave's heart ached at Kurt's words. He knew all too well the demons that plagued his friend's mind. Without a second thought, he wrapped his arms around Kurt, pulling him into a warm embrace.

"You are so much more than enough, Kurt," Dave said softly, his voice filled with sincerity. "You have an incredible talent, a unique voice that touches the souls of millions. Your music, your words...they matter. And you matter to me."

Kurt's shoulders trembled as he clung to Dave, finding solace in his words. Gradually, Dave pulled back slightly, cupping Kurt's tear-streaked face in his hands and gazing into his eyes.

"Look at yourself, Kurt," Dave urged, his voice filled with admiration. "You're beautiful, and pretty, and cute, and just perfect. Inside and out. Don't ever doubt that."

A faint smile tugged at the corners of Kurt's lips as Dave's words sank in. Dave leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss to Kurt's forehead, a silent promise of unwavering support.

"And you know what?" Dave added, his voice playful yet sincere. "If you can't see how pretty you are, then I'll just have to remind you every single day. With kisses."

Kurt's eyes widened, a mix of surprise and happiness flickering through them. Dave leaned in again, pressing a soft, lingering kiss against Kurt's lips. It was a tender gesture, filled with warmth and reassurance.

In that moment, as their lips met and their hearts intertwined, Kurt felt a flicker of hope ignite within him. Dave's unwavering love and acceptance were the anchor he needed to navigate the stormy seas of his insecurities and problems. Dave would help him, and Kurt knew.

408 words