Kate's Wild Fantasies - Police Station

We were on our way to a date and my ex was driving the car. It was a rainy, weekend afternoon. Traffic was light. Things were going smoothly. We were in Makati and were to turn left from a stoplight. We were in front of the pack and when the light hit green, we proceeded to turn. When suddenly, a motorcycle sped from the opposite side of the lane and beat the red light. His brakes didn’t stop his momentum because it was slippery so the guy hit the front, right bumper of our car and flipped forwardly, crashing head first on the pavement.

My ex immediately stopped the car in the middle of the road, opened his door, and ran out to check the motorcycle driver in the rain. I got the umbrella and quickly followed him. We cautiously checked the guy out and he wasn’t moving at all. He was wearing his helmet but there was blood coming out of his head. I really thought he was dead on the spot. So, I got really scared and nervous.

A traffic enforcer rushed to the scene and helped called an ambulance. While waiting, my ex told me to get back in the car because things were really getting out of hand. There were several people crowding into the accident and he didn’t want me to be in the middle of it.

The medical team came after a few minutes and they attended to the motorcycle driver swiftly. They carefully lifted him up and put on a stretcher then inside the ambulance. After they drove away, my ex came back in the car and told me that we had to go to the police station as an SOP. We were guided by the enforcer and asked to follow him to the precinct.

On our way, we were trying to keep ourselves calm even though my ex was really anxious. He was concerned about the motorcycle driver. Kept thinking if he was still alive or what. I then called my dad to seek help. I was told to wait for him at the station as he’ll go there. My ex also notified his folks about the situation.

We arrived at the police station after a few minutes. Usually, if it’s a car accident, we would be sent off to the traffic bureau, but since the driver sustained injuries or was presumed dead, we were brought to the police station instead.

From the front desk, we were directed to a small holding room where the police will get and make the report. Down the hall to the left of that small room is the prison for juveniles. Didn’t really have a chance to peek at it as I’m really, really scared just being in that place and situation.

We’ve been told by the police who accompanied us that as an SOP, they have to detain us for a couple of hours or even days until they confirm about the motorcycle driver’s situation at the hospital. Even if it’s not really our fault, the law favors the other driver. Sucks, but it is what it is!

I’ve thought of all possible worst-case scenarios during our detention, but none of it to the most twisted and wildest thing I had in mind…

So, here’s the fantasy – while waiting in the precinct, I had the chance to talk with the policeman who was holding us in this small room.

“Sir, gaano katagal niyo po kami i-hohold dito?” tanong ko sa kanya.

“Ma’am, kailangan pa po natin malaman ang kondisyon ng rider na nakabanggaan niyo. Tsaka kailangan po natin hintayin ang pamilya niya para malaman natin kung magsasampa sila ng kaso sa boyfriend niyo po.” paliwanag niya.

“Ha? Bakit naman ganoon, sir? Eh siya naman yung bumangga sa amin. Wala po kaming kasalanan!”

“Ganoon po ang batas natin sa ngayon, ma’am. Wala ho tayong magagawa unless gusto niyong baguhin.” he chuckled and answered sarcastically.

Sa inis ko, naupo na lang ulit ako. I was comforting my BF as he looked so worried. Tahimik lang din siya at hindi masyadong nagsasalita. Kinamusta ko siya pero hindi niya ko gaanon kinakausap. So, I just used my phone and waited.