Chapter 4: I'm Not Okay

-Minho's POV-

"Oh, good! You already know each other! That should make working together much easier." The teacher, Mrs. Byun, didn't seem to notice the tense atmosphere as she instructed Felix and Hyunjin to take a seat near me. The two still seemed to be in shock, and I look away awkwardly as they continued to stare.

"Is everything ok?" Mrs. Byun's voice seemed to snap them out of their stupor, and the two nod before making their way towards me. I tense as they sit much closer than I thought they would, and I find myself growing even more tense as they turn to regard me.

"Minho, we need to talk." Hyunjin whispered, and I frown. Already knowing what they wanted to talk about, I simply shake my head.

"Please. Just for a minute. It's important." My frown deepens as I grow confused. What could they possibly want to talk to me about?

"I know you're new, and seeing someone you know is exciting, but please, no talking right now." Felix and Hyunjin pout but end up turning their attention back towards the teacher, and I sigh in relief.

"Alright, Today will mark the very first day of our first team project! Unfortunately, I already have all the groups decided, so don't even ask." This earned multiple groans from the students, and Mrs. Byun chuckles. "I know, I know. Everyone will be working in groups of three, so once I call out the teams, please group up so we can further discuss the rules." 

I doze slightly as she begun to list names, already aware of who my teammates were. It seems the two of them didn't want to give me peace however, and they both turn back towards me.

"Minho, please listen." The teacher didn't seem to notice Felix start talking as the room feel into chaos as people moved around to find their groups. So unfortunately, I'm left to deal with them on my own.

"Alright. What's so important that you want to talk to me for the first time in a year?" Their brows furrow in confusion.

"What do you mean? We tried to call you multiple times. You blocked us."

What?

"No I didn't?"

"Alright class! Now that everyone is grouped up, let's go over the expectations for this assignment!" The rather confusing revelation was interrupted once again by Mrs. Byun, but at this point I can't tell if it's a blessing or a curse. What do they mean I blocked them?

"There actually aren't that many rules for this assignment as it focuses more on dancing with others, but that doesn't mean it will be easy. I expect every group to create choreo to a song of your choosing, but it has to work for all of your preferred styles. You're allowed to mash songs together if you so choose, but they have to go together, and the type of choreo can't change too drastically. Each team member needs to have a short period of time where they dance alone, but you're also expected to dance as a team. You'll be graded on the difficulty of the choreography, the execution of the choreography, and the balancing of each team member's style. You have the rest of the hour to talk amongst yourselves and come up with ideas."

As soon as she finished the room was swallowed by the sounds of excited chatter, and I turn to my two teammates with a serious expression.

"I know both of your styles rather well, but it has been a year. Has anything changed?" They both shake their head.

"Um,  Minho-"

"Let's focus on the assignment for now, alright?" They hesitate before nodding, and I relax slightly. 

"If we want to take the easy route we can simply work with a song we've used before, but I have a few songs I think would go with all of our styles if you want to hear them." They nod, and I pull out my phone and earbuds. Once I have the first song pulled up I hand an earbud to each of them, and they huddle closer together to avoid pulling the earbuds from each other's ears. The sight was rather cute, but I ignore that thought and instead focus on their expressions.