Chapter - 4

He couldn't understand why he was acting like this . Gray never gets jealous . In fact he was the one who made other jealous . "I'm fine" he keeps telling himself "It's not like they're a thing". Right? But no matter how hard he tried to convince himself , he still had a weird feeling .

His eyes were glued to the screen of his phone , but his mind was entirely on Carmen . The door of her room opened , revealing her slim and curvy figure wrapped with a tight red dress , highlighting her curves . She got dressed but not for me . He had to tear his eyes away from her body painfully and look up at her .

"You look gorgeous"

"Thanks" she smiled "Do you think he'd like it ? Not like that. I just wanna make a good impression"

Good Impression ? He smiled back at her "He'd be crazy if he didn't ."

The two of them got into his car . The ride to the Opera house was...silent. Neither one of them said a word . Maybe this is a bad idea Carmen thought . She wanted him to feel the same way she did . But it doesn't seem like it's the exact same way . She could see the horror in his eyes when she mentioned her friend . Leo was one of Carmen's friends she made a while ago . She didn't hang out with him much . Something about him was off . And it sort of scared her . It's fine she thought he can't be that bad . It's just one date.

Carmen got out of the car "I guess I'll see you after the show"

"You want me to pick you up?"

"No it's fine I think he'll drop me" Carmen walked away , leaving Gray all alone . He watched wrap her arms around Leo as he wrapped his around her for a hug . He turned away as he couldn't bear the sight of his love with another man . It hurt him . A lot . He wished that could just watch the whole thing .

A lightbulb went off .

And so he walked into the Opera house .

-=+=-

"So where are you staying here?" Leo asked in his thick American accent. His baby blue eyes scanning Carmen's body.

"I have a friend who lives here . And... I'm staying with him for a while"

"Him?" his eyes snapped back to her eyes .

"Yeah . We're really close" she looked away from him for a while "So where are you staying ?"

"Oh you know me" he responded "Just here and there . Hanging around in hotels and all" he paused for a moment . "Hey I was wondering" he said as he ran his hands through his wavy black hair "Maybe we could crash at my room after our dinner tonight?"

"Oh..." Carmen didn't want this to go that far "I'm really sorry I need to go back right after the Opera " she managed to cover up "I promised Gray that I'd come back . He said he planned a special dinner and I really don't wanna let him down"

He opened his mouth to say something but the sound of the music cut him off .

-=+=-

"Are you bonkers , mate?" Archie , Gray's friend shouted. "You're not supposed to be here and the lighting job's already taken by me"

"Just cover for me will ya ?"

"Fine , just stay behind me" They walked into the lighting room . Gray's ran through the crowd , in search of his scarlet lady . And suddenly he stopped , laying all his attention on Carmen in 5th row with... Leo. I can look better than him . He watched as they talked and laughed and looked at each other with love (or so he thought). It made his heart shrink .

But something was off .

Carmen kept trying take his hand away whenever he touched her . Gray touches her too . But she never pushed his hand off . Whenever Leo wasn't looking at her , her expression changes into something more... anxious . It sort of troubled him to see her uncomfortable like this .

The Opera started as the curtain opened . The crowd's attention immediately fell on the stage in front of them .

-=+=-

"The show was great wasn't it?" Leo's hands flew and fell on Carmen's shoulder .

She slowly pushed his hand away "Yeah . So...I gotta go . Nice meeting up with ya" She started walking away but Leo managed to catch up .

"Hey just this once, come over to my place?"

"I'm really sorry I need to go back" Carmen managed to make things up to escape him.

"Oh come on. It won't be that long. Just a few minutes that's all"

It would make him jealous she thought . "Alright. Just a few minutes"