Monster

It was Halloween in the year 2012….

Every year in the month of November, the Marcos would gather to visit Ferdinand in LNMB. The whole family will offer a mass for him. And will have a family dinner in San Juan after the mass.
People who love Ferdinand are allowed to visit him and join the mass together with his family.

A lot of family and friends attended the said mass. Including, Irene’s almost, Larry. Ferdinand’s godson.
Greggy clenched his jaw as soon as he saw the two talking as they greeted each other. Jealous was paint on Greggy’s face. Who can’t be jealous, right? It was his wife’s almost…

“Dada, hungry na ako po. Is it matagal pa?” his 5 years old youngest, asked. Greggy smiled and opened his daughter’s lunch box.

“Cookies muna anak, okay? May kausap pa si mommy eh.” He answered and opened the cookies for her.

Hira nodded and started eating the cookies.

“Thank you, dada po.”

On the other hand, Irene could feel Greggy’s stare 3 feet away from them. She smiled at Greggy, but the latter rolled his eyes. That’s the cue that Irene needs to go back to her husband already.

“Anyway, Larry. Bored na yung mag-aama ko, we need to go.” She softly uttered. Larry chuckled,

“Nagseselos na nga yata hubby mo sa’kin. Kanina pa masama ang tingin.” He whispered, and they both laughed.

Greggy saw that, of course. He took Hira in the car and called the two boys.

“Dito na lang natin antayin ang mommy niyo.” He uttered. It’s past lunch already and they haven’t eaten yet.

While waiting, Alfy and Luis decided to scare their little sister.

“Hira, you’re going to sleep alone later?” Alfy asked. Hira nodded and drank her water.

“Hala ka, my monster later kasi Halloween. May monster under your bed.” Luis whispered to her.

The two boys laughed while Hira nearly cried when Irene entered the car.

“Let’s go na? Are you guys hungry?” Irene asked her mag-aama. Greggy didn’t answer as he drove the car.

“Kanina pa mommy, you’re so tagal tapos it’s so hot pa po.” Hira said. Her face is so red because of the weather. Irene pouted.

“Aww, sorry po. Your Tito Larry and I have never seen each other for almost a decade kasi.” She said and looked at Greggy. He looked away.

“Da? You? Where are we going to eat before we go to San Juan?” she asked.

Greggy looked at the rearview mirror and asked the kids.

“Where do you guys want to eat? No fast foods.”
The three looked at each other.

“Ay! Dada… want ko po chimcken please.” Hira said.

“Why? May chicken naman sa Wildflour, baby?” Irene answered.

“Jabee kasi, ‘my.” Alfy uttered.

“It’s been a while na kaya na walang fast food po.” Luis said, Greggy heaved a sigh.

“Okay, drive thru nalang for everyone. Diretso na tayo ng San Juan.”

“San kami mag-eat, da?” Luis asked.

“Sa car na po Kuya, while I’m driving.” Greggy answered. 

“Hindi ka kakain, da?” Irene tried to reach for his hands, but Greggy refused.