Prologue

When she was young, Tove only knew the ground beneath her feet and the birds that sang in the trees

When she was young, Tove only knew the ground beneath her feet and the birds that sang in the trees. The girl was in favour of her Gods; they broke the bridge between themselves and men, and walked in her dreams. She would see how they danced and lived in their own world, forever having power and purpose from their believers. Tove would also see events while her eyes were open and while it wasn't a common occurrence, these led to her having fits and scaring those around her. This led to her grandfather having to inspect her, after the village her family ruled and protected, thought her to be possessed by Loki. After a few days of observation and talking to Tove and what she had seen, Ravn declared she wasn't possessed but was a seer gifted to her family by the gods.

Tove loved nature, she felt so content while playing in the streams or hiding among the trees that sheltered their village. She would gather her remaining bread from her dinner and take it out into the woodland for small creatures to feed on.

Tove was adored by her family, blood and not. Brida and Uhtred grew up knowing and caring for the girl from her birth. They would scrap and fight together but at the end of the day they would always clean each others wounds. Thyra was more isolated than her sister but she still cared nonetheless; her comforting ways reflected their mothers and when Tove would dream, Thyra would stroke her hair to calm her. The girls were close but not nearly as close as Ragnar and Tove. You would never see one without the other and the siblings would have it no other way. Ragnar felt so strongly protective over his youngest sister that he hated letting her out of his sight. From the minute he saw her open her big blue eyes for the first time, he was besotted with her, enamoured by her smile. They woke together, ate together and when Tove was strong enough to wield a weapon, they trained together and the girl picked up her swordsman skills quickly.

Tove saw many things in her dreams: her brothers first scar, her sisters first marriage. What she didn't see - or wasn't allow to see by the gods - was the fire that would spark the change in her life. 

Another one because I adore this show so much