(Ch. 2) New Opportunitys

-TW's- Mention of death, Implied Murder, Implied Abuse, etc.

(Hunter is trans btw :)

Hunter POV

Hunter woke up, remembering what day it was. He was finally going to a real school! He jumped out of bed and ran to the closet picking out his favorite wolf shirt, a very baggy hoodie, and some pants to go with it. He was so excited to go to a real school, he had been home schooled for his whole life after his Uncle had adopted him. 

His Uncle was an interesting man, he never went out into public and as a result Hunter had never met anyone his age. He had strict rules, but Hunter was grateful for Philip. If Philip hadn't brought him in after his parents' death, he would be with some random people who wouldn't take care of him as well. He never knew his parents, Caleb and Evelyn is what they were named. Apparently they had died in a car crash and Hunter had been the only survivor, according to his Uncle.

Hunter applied make up to his scars, hoping that he could hide them. Philip had said that if people saw he had scars they wouldn't like him and he wouldn't get any respect. 

"HAIILEYYY!! GET DOWN HERE!!!" He heard his Uncle yell in a British accent. Hunter flinched at the use of his deadname, he still hadn't told his Uncle about him being transgender because he knew his Uncle wouldn't approve. Philip would always comment rude things about transgenders or homosexuals whenever he saw anything on the news about them. It always made Hunter uncomfortable, but he dealt with it.  

Hunter ran downstairs and saw his Uncle standing there. 

"What are you wearing?! You look like a boy." Philip remarked disgustingly looking at Hunter's clothes. "Anyway here's your lunch." Philip tossed Hunter a small brown bag. Hunter looked inside and saw a juice box, granola bar, and two pieces of bread. Hunter went and gave Philip a hug. 

"Thank you Uncle for the food." He said. Philip gripped Hunter's back and whispered in his ear. "Do not disappoint me Hailey in any way or you know what will be waiting when you get home." His Uncle said backing away from Hunter. "Remember that your teachers and any boys have complete authority over you, ok? Girls are meant to be good and obedient."

"Y-Yes Uncle..." Hunter replied flinching at the word "girl."

Philip led him out of the house and into his red car. He drove Hunter to school where he could see lots of kids his age. This was the first time he'd ever seen anyone around the same age and he was getting anxious about it. 

What if I act wrong. What if I make a fool out of myself. What if someone sees through the make up and finds out about my scars. What if-

"Hailey. Get out of the car and go. Don't be late." Philip said with a nasty voice. 

Hunter quickly got out of the car and bowed his head at Philip. "Thank you Uncle." Then he headed into the school with his hood over his head. He picked up his schedule with the rest of the students and looked at his first class. 

Fudge. I have no idea what any of this means... 

Hunter stared in confusion at the schedule before working up his confidence to ask someone near him to help. He tapped on some girl that had dark pink hair, who was talking to someone with green hair. 

"Why were you talking to that new girl Amity? She looked like a street rat." The pink girl said. "Well she looked nice and looked like she needed someone to help her Boscha." Green replied. 

When feeling the tap, the girl Boscha whirled around. "What do you want scrawny!?" 

"Well... I just needed help with my schedule and t-thought..." 

"Oh what!? Thought you'd ask some random person to help? Well news flash scrawny, I'm guessing you're new since you don't know who I am. I'm Boscha, the ruler of this school and if you really think a boy like you can talk to me like that you must be such a wimp and a-" 

Hunter zoned out from what Boscha was saying to him. 

I-I-I pass? S-She t-thinks I-I'm a boy... SHE THINKS IM A BOY!!! 

Hunter quietly celebrated in his mind when the green haired girl stepped up to Boscha and put her hand on her shoulder. "BOSCHA!!! We're going to be late!! Stop pressing the boy and lets get going. Do what you want later but I'm not risking my perfect record for you!!" The two girls walked off leaving Hunter alone in the hallway. 

Hunter looked at his schedule again and saw that his first class was English with Mrs. Lilith Clawthorne. He walked up to the front office and asked for help with his schedule. A nice looking professor came out to help him. 

"Hi my name is Mr. Deamonne but you can call me Darius, formality is such a pain sometimes. Hand me your schedule." Darius took Hunter's schedule and took a look at it. "Ok Hailey, looks like you are in room 109, lets get you there- um you good kiddo?" 

Hunter was looking down at his feet and was shifting uncomfortably. "Well um... I don't use the name Hailey. I go by Hunter." 

Darius immediately looked sorrowful and bowed his head. "I'm sorry that I assumed.  If you want I could change your name on our records so that none of your other teachers use this name. It'll take about an hour though so your first class will hear it but most kids don't pay attention." 

"Oh my Sources! REALLY!! That would be the best!! Just make sure my Uncle doesn't find out, he would kill me if he knew I was a boy." 

Darius smiled and patted Hunter on the back. "Its all good kiddo. Now lets get you to Mrs. Clawthorne's class." 

:)