Chapter One; Breaking

A/N: Heya! This is the remastered version of my original Insane Craft AU, Emotions. I highly suggest that you read the first version before this since some events make more sense with the context of the original storyline. Emotions is no longer connected to LaB which means rewrite number two for LaB is coming soon. Hope y'all enjoy this Christmas gift :D

CW: Minor swear

Biffle's head pounded.

Sigils was darting around the small bunker, radiating stress. His long, black claws swiped at books and carelessly flipped through pages. His feathery black wings fluttered at his sides, creating small gusts of wind that pushed loose papers away. Sigils flicked his tail and swiveled his ears towards Biffle as he entered, but didn't turn to look at him. His nose twitched, "Hello Biffle."

"Hi Sigils," Biffle murmured, "What's wrong this time?"

Sigils glanced at Biffle, emerald eyes narrowed. The enderman huffed and turned away, continuing his search, "Henwy and Jerome's stones are gone."

"Gone?"

"Stolen."

Biffle clenched his jaw, "Oh."

Sigils gave a small, sarcastic chuckle, "Yeah. That's what's wrong."

Biffle continued to watch Sigils scramble for ideas and sift through notes. In all honesty, Biffle no longer cared. If SSundee wanted Biffle's stone, he would give it up. He didn't want to get killed because he was being stubborn. Biffle just wanted his friends back.

"Biffle, give me your stone."

Biffle snapped out of his thoughts and looked up at Sigils. The enderman had his hand outstretched.

Biffle blinked, "What?"

"Your stone," Sigils repeated, "I need it."

Biffle took a step back, "For..?"

"I'm going to hide it. Mine and yours," Sigils said simply.

"No," Biffle retorted, grabbing the hilt of the hammer the stone was infused with. "It's mine. I do what I want with it."

Sigils tilted his head, "Biffle, what is this?"

"It's my stone." Biffle lifted his chin, "I don't need your help to keep it safe."

"No offense, but you can't keep it safe," Sigils replied softly, stepping forward dangerously, "You do need my help."

Anger bubbled in his chest.

"I'm not some damsel in distress who needs help with everything," Biffle hissed, narrowing his eyes.

"That's not what I meant," Sigils flicked his tail, "If SSundee is taking back the infinity stones, then that means he's planning something, and we need to protect our stones. I made a spacecraft a little while ago, and there's a spell that lets both on us in, and only us in. We can keep our stones safe there."

"I don't want to hide my stone." Biffle replied, revealing his hammer, "I'm using it."

"He's going to get it, Biffle," Sigils snarled, frustration starting to radiate off of him, "And he's going to do something far worse."

"I thought the admin were the future seers," Biffle scoffed, "And who cares what he does anyway?"

Sigils straightened and folded his ears back as he gaped, "'Who cares'? Biffle what has gotten into you?"

"Oh, what's gotten into me?" Biffle asked in a dangerously even voice, tilting his head while fidgeting with his hammer, "Well I'll tell you what's gotten into me. You broke my trust. You blew up my house. Sure, it might be back, but you didn't even think to watch out for what was around SSundee's house. You barely even apologized. You were too focused on the what ifs of the situation. Your head is so far up your ass you can't see anything past your project. Don't act like I'm the one who's changing. You used to put me before your projects, even after SSundee started becoming tyrannical. Now, I barely know you, and it turns out that I'm no longer any priority of yours."

Sigils stared at Biffle, eyes wide and shimmering. He took a careful step forward, "Biffle-."

"No." Biffle snapped, stepping through the door. He turned and stormed away, out into the cool autumn air, ignoring Sigils shouting his name.

The brittle grass and thin layer of frost crunched beneath his boots as he walked. He adjusted his blue scarf, hands shaking. He exhaled shakily and turned to his house, still perched up on the hill, unaffected.

Biffle still felt weary to approach it. It was a crater just a few days ago. He had to convince himself that it wasn't one of Henwy's illusions or a projection from the stones.

It was his house.

Biffle turned away and walked.

Midway through his journey, a feeling tugged at him. He paused, looking around. Off to his right, where SSundee's house was, was an emotion. A strong one. Sadness and anger. Despair. Pain, a common one with the madman.

Biffle tilted his head. He took a half step away, but the emotions had already seeped in, sinking into his brain and pulling out the feelings he had tried so hard to bury under laughter and jokes.

He shook his head angrily.

His wall was starting to break. Was it his wall? Biffle jammed his hands into his pockets. He couldn't feel Sigils' emotions anymore. It's like they had just vanished. Like his bond had-.

His heart clenched. He let out a slight cough, doubling over and pressing a hand to his chest. Energy in his arms and legs drained. He winced, squeezing his eyes shut. The door to SSundee's house opened. Biffle glanced up, pupils narrowing into points of fear.

SSundee towered over Biffle, face hidden behind a helmet. Biffle tried to move away, but the pain in his heart was growing.

"What did-," Biffle gasped and gritted his teeth, "What did you do?"

SSundee watched for a few moments as Biffle continued to writhe in pain.

Then, he offered his hand. Biffle flinched away from the sudden movement at first, expecting a strike that never came. Biffle stared warily at it. The pain was only getting worse. It was giving him a headache, making him see spots.

A wave of calm washed over him, starting to dull the pain, only a little.

Gingerly, Biffle reached out for SSundee's hand.

——————————
Word Count: 1009