ㅡ『24』

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
Chapter 24
The Hunt
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

     When Bella and Edward returned back to the Cullen's home, the two were perplexed to see Laurent on the way out. An animalistic growl escaped from the vampire's lips, which Carlisle quickly dismissed.

     The man was there to warn them, nothing else. It would appear that he has grown tired of the other two, claiming that James' obsession was not to be taken lightly. The same goes for his mate, Victoria.

     All of them rushed to the garage, all weapons and vehicles on standby for what was happening. Rose was sat on the counter, Sebastian stood tall next to her. The others were rummaging through the cabinets and taking what could be useful.

     "We'll tear him apart and burn the pieces."

     "I don't relish the thought of killing another creature." Carlisle established, getting out of the way. "Even a sadistic one like James."

     "What if he kills one of us first?" Rosalie quirked an eyebrow, already agreeing on the part where they make the tracker no longer—well, intact and burn free.

     "That's why I'm here." The Donovan piped up, pulling away from the blonde then facing the others in the room. "I don't really have a problem with eliminating a threat. Empathy is more on Carlisle's thing."

     The patriarch nodded reluctantly, even if he didn't really agree on the idea wholeheartedly, he knew that James could only be stopped with one way. The just doesn't sit right with him. Besides, even if he forbids Sebastian to kill the man, will he even listen?

     "I'll run Bella south." Edward decides, nodding to his own plan. "Can you lead the tracker away from here?"

     "No Edward, James knows you'll never leave Bella. He'll follow you."

    "I'll go with Bella." Alice piped up. "Jasper and I, will drive her south. I'll keep her safe, Edward."

     Besides the offer, Edward still wasn't convinced. He stood there without a response, a visible conflicted look sat on his face. He didn't know what to do, of course he trusted Alice, but it was Alice and Jasper. They were mates. Worst comes to worst, are they willing to let the other one get hurt for the sake of a single human?

     There was Alice, she absolutely liked having Bella around. No doubt that she'd do everything in her power to protect her. Alice was happy for the both of them, Jasper was too. Then again, Jasper was new to the diet, he's still struggling with the control. Again, worst case scenario, that could be a hindrance.

     While each factor add up to each other, each worse than the last, Edward's frown was deepening. Thinking up a fair deal, Sebastian replied. "I'll go with them."

     Edward looked up, matching the man's gaze. He trusted Sebastian, he'd be more at ease if he was with them. "Are you sure?"

     "You're scared." The Donovan muttered, pointing out his obvious feelings. "I get that, I really do. But you have to be rational. What Carlisle said was true, James will quickly catch on if you go with her."

     Finally, Edward gave in and the other three went ahead to pack up what they would need for the urgent road trip. With Bella secured in the car, the Cullen opened one of the duffle bags, tossing random clothes to the others remaining.