Chapter 22: Airport Battle

In a huge, abandoned warehouse Bucky comes to with his metallic left arm clamped in a huge industrial vice. Steve peers through a gap at a chopper flying overhead. Sam's over by Bucky.

Sam: Hey, Cap!

Steve goes over to join Sam by Bucky who sits with his arm in the vice. They stared at him.

Bucky: Steve.

Steve: Which Bucky am I talking to?

Bucky: Your mom's name was Sarah... You used to wear newspapers in your shoes.

Steve: Can't read that in a museum.

Sam: Just like that, we're suppose to be cool?

Bucky: What did I do?

Steve: Enough.

Bucky: Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words.

Steve: Who was he?

Bucky: I don't know.

Steve: People are dead. The bombing, the setup. The doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to do better than "I don't know."

Bucky: He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where.

Steve: Why would he need to know that?

Bucky: Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier.

Bucky then tells them of the other Winter Soldiers.

Steve: Who were they?

Bucky: Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum.

Sam: They all turn out like you?

Bucky: Worse.

Steve: The doctor, could he control them?

Bucky: Enough.

Steve: Said he wanted to see an empire fall.

Bucky: With these guys he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize, they can take a whole country down in one night. You'd never see them coming.

Sam: This would have been a lot easier a week ago.

Steve: If we call Tony...

Sam: No, he won't believe us.

Steve: Even if he did...

Sam: Who knows if the Accords would let him help.

Steve: We're on our own.

Sam: Maybe not. I know a guy.

Night came and Y/N was still with Stan Lee talking when Vision came the three see explosion in the distance lit up the room for a moment.

Y/N: What was that?

Vision: Stay here, please.

Vision leaves as Y/N senses someone and sees Clint.

Clint: Hey, L/N.

Y/N: What the hell are you doing here?

Clint: Disappointing my kids. I'm supposed to go water-skiing. Cap needs our help. Come on. Clint runs off as Y/N looks at Stan lee.

Stan Lee: Do what you believe in, Y/N.

Y/N: You do realize if I do this... I'm a wanted criminal.

Stan Lee: Excelsior, Y/N.