𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞 [𝟏]

𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐥 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐞 
𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞 
𝐃𝐢𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞

The time on your watch marked 9:53PM as you walked into the lobby of your apartment complex. A large thunder strike boomed through your ears as the door closed behind you.

It was difficult to conceal the surprised expression on your face. Causing you to nearly crack into a small laugh when you noticed that the security guard was already looking at you.

Of course. . .

"Good evening, Miss Valentine," he spoke from across the lobby with a newspaper in his hands.

Valentine, the nickname he gave you the first week you moved into your apartment a few years back. He stated that the way you dressed reminded him of a character from the late 1990s film, Bride of Chucky.

"Tiffany Valentine, that's the character's name. I suggest you watch it during the month of October."

And to say the very least, you laughed to yourself the very second you saw her appear on your screen. That's when you acknowledged the fact that he wasn't exaggerating his nickname for you.

From then on, you started to admire her character more and more.

"Good evening, Mr. Pixis," you replied as you approached the elevator, holding your bags close to you. The only thing audible in what seemed like the entire vicinity was the sound of your heavy leather platform boots trudging through the lobby, plus the thunderous rain outside the door.

You pressed the elevator button before taking a step back, calmly waiting. You checked your watch again and noted that nearly four minutes had gone by while you continued to stand in the frigid place.

You sighed as you took the opportunity to glance past the entryway to your apartment complex. Lightning struck, illuminating the street for just a fraction of a second.

A young man with long dark hair stood there, staring up at the sky. Considering his back was turned towards the building, there was only so much you were able to see.

*Ding*

You stepped into the elevator and headed straight up to your floor. The rain was coming down on the city as if it had never rained before. Only for the weather to revert back to sunny and perhaps humid in a matter of days.

Once at your floor, you walked down the hall and made your way into your cozy apartment. Your cat, Koda, strolled into the entry hallway to welcome you as soon as you removed your boots before placing them to the side.

You clutched your soaked umbrella lightly between your fingers before hanging it on a rack above the small bucket to collect any water droplets before turning to give him your full attention.

He's a Russian Blue cat, and you've had him for nearly three years, but it feels like yesterday that you got him. "Hey Koda," you smiled as you put your bags on the kitchen island before crouching down to brush his smooth gray fur.

He started strolling to the wide window in your living room after a few seconds. "You sure are an independent little guy, aren't you?" you said, following him with your gaze.

You laughed quietly to yourself as you opened your work bag to retrieve a gift from one of your coworkers. It was a heart-shaped chocolate box adorned with a printed ouija board on the lid. The woman claimed that she knew it was destined for you the moment she spotted it in the store.

Then you went farther into your kitchen to prepare yourself a little cup of tea before gathering your bathroom necessities for a relaxing bath. While the water was heating up, you went to your bedroom to place one of the bags at the foot of your black rococo bed.