↞ I need to go ↠

"I promise that we will see each other again one day, no matter what. I swear on my heart and my soul."

Two years later...

Rune looked at herself in the mirror of her miniscule bathroom, water dripping from her face and onto her bra and tracksuit pants. The now twenty-six year old leaned on her elbows, panting slightly from her morning workout, pushing her hair back with a headband. The flower tattoos across her collar and under her rib were fresh in colour, Rune having gotten the colours renewed two weeks ago.

Today was the day.
She had finished her two years of training with impressive progress, being as well educated on Pandora as many of the program graduates were. She had impressed the teachers there with her ability to quickly pick up on the Na'vi language and nail it's pronunciation, many of the other students there had asked her to assist them in learning the alien tongue. She was happy too. She enjoyed teaching others after all. Her half-deafness may have made it a little difficult, but she would always go home at the end of the day and practice the words till she perfected them.
She however, did not manage to log as many hours as she would have liked on the simulation, only managing to log just under four-hundred and eighty hours, which was actually quite good considering she was only there for two years. And despite common belief, the simulations did not allow her to hear fully as they were VR-Simulations, and she was receiving in-simulation audio through speakers which had to be slightly adjusted for her. But she loved entering the simulation, being able to run through the digitalised forests of Pandora and examine all of it's beauty.
Learning about plants and animals was the hardest thing for her, as biology wasn't really her specialty, but she still did her best and was able to identify most plants and animals and state a simple fact about them.

Bringing herself back to reality, Rune sighed and grabbed a towel from beside her and dried off her face. She checked the army edition watch on her wrist and noticed that she had to be out of the apartment in an hour and a half. So with that, she quickly put herself through the shower, emphasis on quickly, not wanting to bring her steep water bill up any more.
Mr. Minelli drove a hard price on her utilities bill, which was fair if he wanted to make any money from his business.
She dried off, cleaned her face, and prepared to get ready.

Rune went with a more practical set of clothes, due to the fact she'd have to sit through an eight hour flight to America, and wearing skinny jeans is not a good idea. She wore a pair of black canvas pants, a burnt-orange sleeveless turtleneck and her favourite pair of basketball shoes. Rune kept the thick headband and pulled her remaining hair into a ponytail, it had gotten long enough to do this. The shirt left her scarred arms exposed, but she didn't care. She also removed most of piercings, except for a singular one in both her ears.

She then went about packing everything she would need into a large duffle bag.
A new pair of sneakers.
Check.
(Everyone going to Pandora had to by new pairs of shoes to avoid bio contamination)
Two new pairs of army boots.
Check.
Multiple sets of cargo and army pants.
Check.
Army shirts.
Check.
Other shirts and pants.
Check.
Underclothes.
Check.
A couple of books.
Check.
Her cricket bat and ball.
Check.
Photos and some collectibles.
Check.
Thumb drives and army medals.
Check.
Spare batteries and repair kit for hearing aid.
Check.

Rune zipped up the duffle bag and slung it over her shoulder, grabbing her tech-pad, key-card, and a large photo frame that sat on her wall. She then grabbed her ticket and passports. She placed in her hearing aid, replacing the earthy sound of nothingness with a muffled echo and buzz. She walked out of her apartment, leaving the key card under the door for the removal people to collect when they came to move everything in her apartment into storage for her. She grabbed her lanyard with her citizen and army ID from her pocket and left the apartment, heading towards her local tram station, to which she'd ride to the Foster home for one last time.