CHAPTER 10: THE MUTANT EXTERMINATOR

On the island, three warriors were building rowboats to leave the island while the other two warriors were guarding the unconscious Magneto, who is encased in rocks, and conversing with one another. Katara and Korra were enjoying their conversation about the past and future, mostly Katara was enjoying it.

"So I have kids with Aang... that's a bit... embarrassing to know," Katara said while twirling her hair. "So my eldest son inherited Aang's airbending while my daughter inherited my waterbending."

Korra nodded, "Yep. And your youngest son didn't have any bending until the Harmonic Convergence, a supernatural phenomenon that occurs once every ten thousand years. He is an airbender now."

"Huh, I don't think Aang knows about that phenomenon," Katara said while her mind was occupied with her future children and grandchildren. "This is unbelievable! I don't know if I'm dreaming or not, but the fact that I'm meeting my future husband's incarnation is baffling!"

"You have no idea! I get to meet a young and prime Katara!" Korra exclaimed happily. "Perhaps you have any water-bending tricks that aren't taught in my Tribe or the academy!?"

"Maybe I do." Katara would be happy to help the future Avatar.

"It seems you two have been enjoying yourselves," Madison said while smiling. "The old man still hasn't woken up yet?"

"No, but I wish he was already! I'm still pissed that I was captured by him and was about to be tortured if you guys didn't find me!" Korra exclaimed while glaring at Magneto angrily.

"If it weren't for Tanjiro's amazing nose, it would've taken a while to find you," Madison said. "It's very helpful when surviving in the wild. We will know about the incoming dangers."

"Yeah, though it's a bit 'freaky'. He could sense our emotions as well, which still shouldn't be possible." Katara pointed out.

Tanjiro chuckled, "I get that a lot."

"Oh, Tanjiro. Are the rowboats finished?" Madison asked.

Tanjiro nodded, "Yep. Percy is currently testing them with his water powers. Now that I think about it, I'm surrounded by people that have superpowers. It's honestly amazing."

Madison laughed, "Did you forget that you attacked us suddenly because you thought we were demons?"

Tanjiro blushed from his mistakes, "I'm sorry about that. I haven't seen anyone using powers besides demons back in my hometown."

"Wait! You don't have any 'powers', Tanjiro? Then how are you able to move so fast, slicing thick metal, and... summoning water from the blade...?" Katara asked with confusion.

"Oh! It's because of the Breathing Styles, swordsmanship styles practiced and taught by members of the Demon Slayer Corps in Japan." Tanjiro answered before unsheathing his katana. "There are five styles, but I used the Water Breathing Style. It mimics water, specifically the flow, flexibility, and adaptability of the liquid, and replicates it with my movements, techniques, and abilities."

"Wait, so you're saying those feats you performed... are from breathing?" Katara was confused and bewildered by the explanation.

Korra chuckled, "Your reaction is the same as ours."

"And the water that you saw wasn't really visible to anyone. You were feeling the flow of the water from the blade." Tanjiro added.

"Is that so?" Katara understood his superhuman feats slightly.

"If you want, I can teach you guys. The breathing style will also help your internal bleeding heal a bit faster, learn it from... yeah..." Tanjiro went silent after almost mentioning Rengoku, which his companions noticed.