03. an enigma

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

03. an enigma

└─── ∘❉∘° ───┘

AFTER STACKING THE OLD CDS of her favorite bands and solo artists, Miles walked out of her room just in time for her grandmother to finish cooking dinner.

"Nieta, food's ready. Come on," Rosa told her and gestured for her to sit down.

"Where's Migs?" Miles questioned and her twin appeared as if on cue.

"Here," he said, letting out a sigh and smiling at his sister. He sat down beside Miles as they started eating, but not without Yaya leading them to pray first.

They were almost finished eating when Carmen entered their home.

"Look who's here," Rosa said as she stood up and took her plate in the sink.

"Hey, guys," Carmen greeted them.

"Hey, Mama," Miles spoke, chewing her food.

"It smells good in here."

"I made chicken in chili sauce," Rosa spoke.

"Sorry, I'm late again," Carmen said, kissing Miguel's forehead and then doing the same to Miles who smiled at her, "Things are crazy at the hospital."

"It's okay," the twins spoke at the same time, causing them to glance at each other and then shrug.

"You're short-staffed," Miguel said as Carmen sat down beside him.

"We saved you some food, though," Miles told her mother.

"So, did you two decide what you're going as for the Halloween dance?" their mother asked.

Miles almost forgot that they have a Halloween dance. She couldn't care less about it but Miguel was bugging her to go and she gave in.

"I was thinking Deadpool, but the costume's a little pricey," the twin male stated.

"Well, how much is it?" Carmen questioned as Yaya gave her a plate of chicken in chili sauce.

"Oh, it doesn't have to be Deadpool."

"You want a Deadpool costume, we'll make you a Deadpool costume," their mother stated, causing Miles to smile, "What about you, Miles?"

"I was thinking of being invisible. So that no one will know I wasn't at the dance," she replied, nodding at her genius plan.

Miguel chuckled amusingly at his sister, shaking his head, "Come on, you have to go."

"I was just kidding," Miles assured her brother, "I'll just see what I have in my closet to make me look like a pretty witch."