04. the halloween

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

04. the halloween

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

      "WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" Miles questioned. She woke up in the middle of the night and felt thirsty. The girl went out of her room and at the same time, she saw her brother putting on his shoes.

Miguel was startled when he saw his sister awake, "Hey, what are you doing awake?"

"I was going to get some water," Miles told him, "And you? Are you going out?"

"Uh, yeah..."

"It's midnight," she stated.

"Sensei told me to meet him," he replied.

Miles sighed and then turned to her mother's closed bedroom. She turned back to her twin and nodded, "Alright but I'm coming with you."

"What?" Miguel whisper-yelled, "No, you can't!"

"Yes, I can," she said and quickly grabbed her jacket in her room.

Miguel groaned internally but couldn't shoo her off since he knew how much his twin could get stubborn.

"Fine," he sighed in defeat, "Come on."

They met with Miguel's sensei and Miles found out his name was Johnny Lawrence. He was also their neighbor from the apartment across from them.

"Who's she?" Johnny asked, pointing to the girl.

Miles hugged herself, feeling the night breeze hitting her. Miguel turned to her and then to his sensei, "She's my twin sister, Miles. Miles, Johnny Lawrence, my sensei."

"Why did you drag my brother in the middle of the night at school?" the girl questioned, frowning as they walked inside the pool area.

"For training," Johnny answered, "You can't disturb our training, all right?"

"Why would I even–"

"Quiet!" Johnny shouted, causing the girl to flinch, "No questions asked."

She wanted to say something but when she glanced at Miguel, he was looking at her with a pleading look. Miles let out a sigh and didn't bother to ask anymore as she followed them.

"Sensei, what are we doing here at midnight?" Miguel asked, "You sure we're supposed to be here?"

"Yeah, don't worry. My buddy's the night janitor."

They stopped in front of the pool as Johnny asked Miguel to show his hands to him. Miles' eyes widened as the sensei tied a rope to her brother's arms.

"What are you doing?" Miles and Miguel asked at the same time.