Lights On!

After a long while, you ran out of tears to cry, and simply stared at the dark, shadowed floor in lost dismay. You couldn't quite remember how to get back, after your small breakdown. In any case, you couldn't see 5 feet in front of you, for the lack of moonlight, or light in general.

You stared, unblinkingly, thoughtlessly, at the ground, until the world lit up once more in a flash of blinding white lights.

You waited for your pupils to undilute, before taking in a few deep breaths and looking around and attempting to catch your bearings.

You didn't, but soon noticed Kinger walking past. You decided to follow him.

"Hi Kinger!" you said, sounding far more happy than you felt. You'd completely forgotten about his constant state of paranoid anxiety, before he screamed your name.

You face-palmed your own stupidity, before noticing the laughing coming from behind you.

Jax pushed you to the side, giving you a singular pat on the back in a rather condescending way.

"Nice, kid. Real nice."

He muttered, still chuckling, as he continued to walk to the stage. Muttering a quick apology to Kinger, you begrudgingly followed.

Ignoring the daggers Ragatha was glaring at you- having apparently thought that the 'prank' was purposeful, you sat on the edge of the stage, near he edge. Much to your annoyance, Jax sat on your left, on the edge. Pomni sat on your other side, with a slight gap.

You sighed in annoyance, and waited for Caine's arrival.

But, you felt your pocket grow lighter. 

You glared at Jax, before holding out your hand.

"Can I have my key back? You already have one, why do you need mine?"

He rolled his eyes, hesitantly placing your key back into your hand. You slipped it back into your pocket, before he whispered conspiratorially in your ear.

"Wanna help me take Gangle's mask tonight?"

He muttered, his smile as smug as ever.

You sighed, thinking it over.

Author's note:

Adding a little interactivity in the story. Comment 'yes' to say yes to Jax's prank, 'no' to take Gangle's side. I'm giving you all until I wake up tommorrow, if there aren't any votes I'm gonna go down whatever route I want. Equal votes is not mentioning it to anyone.