Ch 58

Orochimaru brought us back outside the arena, but we were still a little far from the door. 

"Are we going inside?" 

Orochimaru shook his head, "no, I don't care about the others." 

I sighed, "you don't, but I want to see the fights." 

Ororchimaru glanced at me, "but I don't." 

I narrowed my eyes at him, "but I do." 

Before he would say anything I left his side and went for the door. I could sense his anger the moment I started walking. 

The vision of a kunai to my head was the thing that made me stop. 

I flinched before turning to him, "God damn it! I swear Orochimaru, one more time-" 

"And what? What will you do?" 

I just stared at him in disbelief. "Are we really going to do this?" 

I wasn't even sure what was happening. Why did this make him mad? 

"We are, I let you get away with saying what you want, but you will listen to me." I had to hold back a snort from what he was saying. 

Did he... 

Did he think I would willingly listen to him? 

"Huh?" 

I put my hand over my mouth to hide my smile. 

"Come back here." 

I suppressed a roll of my eyes and walked right in front of him. While I wasn't challenging his authority, I was challenging something. 

"And what will you do if I don't listen?" I turned around, deliberately trying to hurt his pride by my lack of respect. But I didn't walk away. We just stayed there in silence. 

Orochimaru's hand raised and brushed my hair away from my back. I went to slap his hand away but felt a kunai to my back. 

A threat. 

I suppressed a smirk. 

A plan is a plan. 

"You, my dear..." The kunai raised to my neck. 

"...are too cocky." 

The doors suddenly opened and Tenten was brought out with medics. They glanced at us but didn't do anything. When the room was clear again, Orochimaru started talking. 

"My dear, show me your eyes..." He cut the back of my neck slightly when I didn't move. "Show me the reason I keep you around." 

I scoffed but turned around, taking off my eye mask and showing him my sharingan. 

"There they are." He smirked, licking his lips. "I will never get tired of your sharingan, my dear." I frowned, narrowing my eyes at him. 

"They say in the Uchiha clan, the sharingan is terribly hard to get. Not many, especially not mixed blood Uchihas, get the sharingan." I frowned greatly as he touched my face, his cold hands making a shiver go up my spine. 

"You are very lucky, my dear~" I didn't like the way he said that, almost made me sneer at him. 

"You do your homework," I was completely uncomfortable. Especially how he was tracing the kunai side to side on my neck. 

"Of course, research is the prime way to know how to get what you want." He stopped moving the knife, just resting it on my neck. 

Thank God, and damn it. 

The doors opened again with Kiba coming out injured. 

"Look what you did, I'm missing all the good fights," I frowned. "And how do you know the fights will be good?" Orochimaru, stop looking too much into things. 

"I can hear the names being called, don't ask." Orochimaru rolled his eyes and actually didn't ask. 

"Who is next then? Who do you want to see so much?" The kunai in his hand disappeared but his hand wrapped around my neck. He wasn't choking me but he did put a bit of pressure on my neck. 

"Both Hyugas and the redhead, I want to see them." Orochimaru doesn't know their names and Naruto already went. Orochimaru hummed, probably not exactly taking my words into consideration. 

He's too busy trying to threaten me, which isn't working. 

Not at all, and he knows that. 

But, Orochimaru wanted to try one more thing. 

"You know I could break your neck, my dear, just like last time." I quietly scoffed at that statement, while it is true, it was a horrible experience. 

Getting choked out by a snake is not fun. 

"I could cut your neck too, it would be easy," Orochimaru squeezed my neck tighter. 

I didn't react. 

"I would take your eyes too, especially your sharingan eyes." I just about had enough of this man. But I have to stay calm, my plan calls for patience. 

I see Hinata being brought out from within, the medics didn't see us as they were preoccupied with her. 

When they were gone, things went back as they were. 

"I get it, my life is in your hands." I felt sick just having to say that. 

"But your tyrannical mind just might be the death of you, or at least your pride." Orochimaru frowned and finally squeezed hard enough for me not to breathe. I just smirked in pain and grabbed his arm. 

"Remember, death always has the last dance." I know I was just provoking him, but I knew he wouldn't kill me. 

At least not here. 

I glared at him with my sharingan and his reaction was to squeeze harder. But just as my vision was going black, a loud bang was heard from inside the arena. The sound seemed to take his mind off of choking me but his hand never let go. 

"My dear, what is it that you want?" Orochimaru literally has a thing for me not breathing, or maybe is it me not talking. 

Probably both. 

"...I want to survive." Orochimaru chuckled, letting go. 

"Are you afraid of death?" I shook my head, coughing a little. "I'm different from you." 

Orochimaru rolled his eyes, "sure." 

Asshole. 

"But I don't just want to survive..." Orochimaru looked a little curious but I never answered him. 

"My dear, don't disobey me, next time I won't let go." 

I raise a brow, "like kill me or make me pass out?" 

Orochimaru hummed, "find out for yourself." 

I'm helping Sasuke kill him. 

The doors open and Lee is brought out this time. I glared at Orochimaru before just waking away to find Kabuto. He made me miss all these fights. And my neck hurts. 

But no pain, no gain. Just a bit more, and I'll have Orochimaru where I want him. 

I sadly look at Lee as he is rolled away. After I leave Orochimaru, I will finally do what I truly wanted. What I've been fighting for. 

I want to live, not just survive. 

A/n Call this chapter a little 'sorry' for not giving you guys on for a week. Enjoy~