Ch 67

Wallowing in despair is not my thing, so last Tuesday. I don't know how I truly feel anymore. Is it rage? Is it sadness? Is it pure nothingness? 

That's stupid. Of course it's not nothing, this is everything. This is everything I have been fighting for, this is everything I've been surviving for. Why survive when you can't live, is there a reason to survive after that. 

Of course not. 

Mom and dad, whatever form of afterlife you're in, I hope you can see me not giving into despair. I'm not that weak. 

I grunted as I jumped away, towards the Hokage's place. I'll take my chances when a crisis is going on. All the shinobi are busy fighting and protecting everyone. Along the way there were many burning buildings, of course things were on fire. 

Everything is made of wood, easily flammable. There should be some measures that make it so enemies can't use that against them. I shake my head in disappointment. Your jutsu isn't everything. 

Let's make it to Hokage tower before I have to use any more energy. Jumping through the city, I frown at all the places I used to go to now getting destroyed. Nostalgia is a terrible thing. The tower came into sight as I finally let out a sigh of relief. 

But this isn't the time to relax, the hard part hasn't even begun. 

Keeping my blindfold on, I activate my sharingan. I need all the power and stealth so I don't get caught. Even worse, by someone I know. I raise to the balls of my feet to be more quick and quiet. 

Jumping up the staircase and standing on one foot only to immediately push up to lend on a higher one with my other foot. 

When I reached the top I could sense that there was one shinobi inside. One that seemed familiar. 

Too familiar. 

Should I knock him out? Or should I talk my way through it. I decided to see who it was first. But I put some plan B in action first. 

I opened the door only to see a dead Suna shinobi on the ground. I froze, clearly not expecting that. 

"Brat, you're alive." 

I looked up to see Shikaku, Shikamaru's dad. 

I step forward only to be frozen in place, I was already stuck in the shadow. He walked up to me and ripped my blindfold off, staring me down. 

"You're alive and on the enemy's side, what am I to make of this?" 

I narrowed my eyes but kept calm, "I won't defend myself, but I'll let you know that I don't agree with their objective. Honestly, I even gave them more weaknesses to try and help you." 

He looked away and sighed, "Brat, that doesn't explain why and how you are alive. And even more, why you are here in Konoha. Why you are here in the Hokage's tower?" 

The Nara clan have always been smart, but at the moment it was a complete annoyance. 

"Look, you must have better things to be doing than arguing with me." I glance at the Suna Ninja on the ground, "do I look like I want to fight?" 

Shikakau frowned, "you're sharingan makes it seem like you're ready for a fight." 

I scoff, "I don't want to be snuck up on. I don't want to fight." 

Despite my attitude I made sure to sound slightly desporate. Maybe he will let me go if I make him remember the time I was a little girl. But it seemed like Shiksku didn't seem to have the same thought, as he grabbed a kunai. 

"What are you doing?" I didn't sound worried, but I was definitely accusing him of something. 

"I'm determining if you're going to jail, or if you're a lost cause." I gasp at him not even hearing me out. "But-"