023 - Another Escape

ZACH motioned for the two girls to follow him through the building so fast, Siren barely had any time looking around her. Steel hallways, lots of doors.

"This is the floor for the prisoners and where the crazy stuff happens." Zach explained once he saw her curious expression.

"Gives me the bloody shivers." Marie muttered.

Zach bent down as he walked. "This way. Stay low and look before passing corners. Just follow me."

They nodded, and obeyed. Siren glared through a small window she saw and immediately, her eyes nearly jumped out of their cases.

An older male was tied up just like she had been. Someone stood in front of him, playing with the whip in his hands.

Zach pulled her arm. "Siren, no! Come on, we've got to go."

"But he's— they're killing him!"

"I know, I know. But you don't know what that man has done. Maybe he deserves it. Just continue walking before we get caught."

"I was innocent too! We can't just—." But Marie had ripped Siren away from the window and forced her to jog after them.

"We're almost there! There's gonna be lots of guards, though." Zach warned. He raised an eyebrow at them.

Siren lifted her shirt slightly up, pointing at the gun that was tucked in her shorts. "I'm ready."

"You know how to shoot?"

She nodded confidently, her jaw tight. "I'm sure I can."

"Have you done it before?" He frowned.

"Yeah, I just don't remember."

"You- what?"

"Doesn't matter." Siren snapped the gun out of her pants. "Let's go."

And they walked further, now a little slower. Zach stopped at a certain corner. Held up his finger for the two girls to wait.

"Alright. There's just three of them. Will that work?"

"Yes."

"Be careful." Marie encouraged her. "Now kick some asses."

With a last nod, Siren peeked at the guards as the rest of her body still hid behind the corner. Her heart was beating fast, hands almost shaking with the gun, but once she concentrated, it was fully gone.

Three fast shots or they would be too late.

And she did it. Shot one, moved to the other in a second, and then to the last one. Only one of them took two bullets, the rest was easy on the ground.

"Hurry, hurry!" They sprinted forward. Zach pulled a card out of the guard's inner pocket and slid it across a device on the wall. Marie stole two other cards, just in case.

A few seconds after Zach had used the card, the enormous steel door slid up. Siren glanced around for a second. Lots of boxes, nothing special.

When she turned back around, the open air met her. Although, it wasn't very pleasant.

The wind was going crazy.

It blew sand in their faces. Ruined their attempts of running so all they could do was walk and stumble. Siren held a hand in front of her eyes as they climbed up the first sand mountain.

"No looking back! Just keep going!" Zach screamed before loads of sand entered his mouth and he started coughing.

Siren had almost squeezed her eyes completely shut. Her legs were already hurting from having to slash through that wind and sand, her feet heaving each time she lifted them.