Breakfast

First

I walked quietly and looked around the block.

Turning the corner and stepping into my aunt's restaurant.

"Sawasdee Krub!" I greeted her happily, looking around for Fourth.

"Oh, sawasdee First! Good morning," she smiled."Fourth is almost ready. Come on, eat."

I laughed and sat down at the table, loading my plate.

As I ate and waited for my cousin, all I could think about was my family.

I don't ever want what happened to my brother, Nanon, to happen to them.

If it does happen, I don't know if I can take it.

Fourth came and sat at the table, happy to be able to eat.

He was about to start eating when Auntie brought up the topic that I was trying to avoid this whole time.

"So... have you planned a funeral date yet?" She asked seriously," It's been a year and a half already."

I finished eating and cleaned up my area, taking my dishes to the sink and washing them.

" I'm not ready yet... Anyway, we should get going. Don't wanna be late, right?" I said, changing the subject.

I motioned for Fourth to hurry up, and we left, but I still got there ten minutes late.

I don't want to talk about a funeral date or cremation.

I know I should do it, but I'm not ready.

Right now, I have to focus on getting through today and every day after that.

With the help of my friends, family, and the loads of work I get from the university.