Artoria (Saber)

Darling
(Y/N X Artoria Saber.)
________________

[Strangers to lovers] [Angst] [Sad Backstory] [Mentions of Abuse] [Size Difference] [Love at first sight] [King and Knight] [Injured Reader] [Injured Protecting CC] [Guilt] [Hand holding] [L-Bombs] [From behind] [Sleepy Sex] [Neck Kissing] [Biting] [Dom Reader] [Sub CC] [Aftercare] [Reader comforting CC] [Affirmations] [Muscle Appreciation] [Reader stripping CC] [Obviously consent] [Pinching]
____________________

The War had done a good job at taking everything that Artoria cared for, from people down to ambitions she had for her future. This War was the worst thing to come to her, and it wasn't even her War, just a petty disagreement her Kingdom was thrown into because other Kings couldn't control their Egos. She was paying the price of other Rulers.

Artoria found herself sitting at the large table set up outside the main battlefield, her Knights scattered and running around to try and collect themselves after the brutal beat down they were forced to endure in the recent battle. She was leaning over in her chair, looking down at the blood staining her sword.

"My King." Lancelot stepped into the tent with his loyal knights at his side. "The Western front is holding strong for the time being, but we fear a counter attack from the Mongols within the coming days." He Informed the King. "How should we proceed?"

Artoria slowly looked up at the much taller man and slowly nodded her head. "Tell them to pull back the Allied forces and set up defensive measures. Do not press the attack under any circumstances." She stood up and used the cloth of her battle dress to clean the blood off her sword. "They are to hold the line until reinforcements from the East can meet up with them."

"My King." Lancelot reached forward and grabbed the woman by her arm. "The entire Western front...that's it. The Eastern reinforcements got there months ago. They're all that's left." He informed the King.

"T-That's impossible...the Jury from King Abathon promised us more reinforcements in the coming days! What happened?!" She was becoming angry at this information.

Lancelot sighed and stared into the woman's eyes. "King Abathon already sent all his men to defend the front. He died last week of an open wound." He tried to reason with the woman. "You received the message two days ago. Remember? I handed it to you."

Artoria stumbled back after hearing this, her heart sinking to the floor. "R-Right, I-I remember now." She held her head and eventually forced herself to nod. "I'm fine, that's fine...tell them to hold back and gather themselves for the time being. How many are left?"

Lancelot looked back at the woman with a saddened expression, shaking his head. "Two hundred men are left, Artoria."

"Two hundred..." Artoria could barely stand up anymore, hearing all this made her want to throw up and let go of the pain. Death would be simpler than this. "Bring...Bring them back here. Bring them back."

"Yes, My Lord. One of the best is currently taking the position of leader of the men there." Lancelot nodded and let go of the woman. "Sir Caviar has been there this whole time, he'll have the men's faith and bring them back. I promise." He bowed before the King and left the tent.

Artoria bowed in response, but the moment everyone left her tent, she collapsed to the floor with her sword falling beside her. "Merlin...damn you Merlin! This is not what I wanted...! Not at all!" She angrily smashed her fist into the ground several times while cursing Merlin's name.

Her suffering would have to wait, as the trumpets of war called for once again. She reached for her sword, gripping it firmly with a deathly cold gaze in her eyes. She pulled herself off the ground and marched out of her tent.