short summary

(please tell me if there are any spelling mistakes, english isn't my first language)

Artem Mikhailovna Yevdokimov, oldest child of the Yevdokimovs, is tired of the usual and plain routine the two adults that conceived them established the moment of their birth, in an effort to leave the boring "normality" of their life the child plans their eventual disappearance.

To them they were nothing but a prodigy they could use to gain more power, that was obvious from the start but Artem never really cared about that, why would they?

They don't hesitate to tell their dear little brother of their idea. At first he agrees, tired of the constant neglect but when the two people the younger started to consider as gods and the oldest started to consider as nothing else but a pair of annoying shadows, returned the younger one finds himself torn between normality and their sibling's so precious abnormality, feeling scared he tries to stop them the night they decide to escape.
After an argument in the middle of the night Artem decides to be selfish for the first time in their life running away, leaving everything behind, hopefully to burn, feelings included.

In the unknown of the outside world full of ancient artifacts and gods, Artem feels lost but for the first time in their life the world isn't as colourless as they always thought it was, they don't regret leaving, never will, as they look at the sky, "free".

Along the way and throughout years they encounter people, enemies or not, in times of war and peace, it makes them understand what humanity truly is, what it can become, both the bad and good side of it, what life and death mean, as they accept what they are and settle down with the restless fighting against their own accumulating grief they failed to recognize for so long.

"Freedom isn't as easy as you thought, is it?"

It's a taunt, one that they accept with only a nod and a hum.