🎃 Chapter: 26 🎃

I found myself sitting in the cafeteria during lunch, looking at the table of killers right in front of me. No one seemed to be talking to each other, just waiting for their food. I could see Michael watching me from the corner of my eye. There's nothing new about that.

Eventually, the guards returned with lunch. A simple sandwich with an apple was on each plate.

"Here, Y/N. I know you couldn't eat beforehand because you were helping out." Carter placed a plate of food in front of me. I didn't even know I could eat at the same time as my patients. I don't know why not, but it could be a focus thing.

"Thanks, Carter." I smiled up at him, earning a glare from Michael. It wasn't pointed my way, but at Carter. He seems to be getting possessive during my time here.

"Do you have anything to do after work, Y/N?" Tiffany asked me. I didn't spend much time with my other patients, so maybe talking to them more at this time would be good for us.

"I'm not sure yet. I might watch a movie with friends, but I also might just go home." I said, looking between her and my food.

"What movie?" Stu spoke up from across the table.

"Umm..." I took a moment to think and remember what movie she suggested. "Texas Chainsaw Massacre."

"And you're not sure if you're going? Hello? That movie is a masterpiece. You have to go." Billy spoke up, being very adamant of his opinion.

"Alright, fine. I'll go." I was easily persuaded after his small rant. He then continued to talk about horror movies for the rest of our lunch. Billy hasn't been one to show much interest in anything, let alone me, but horror movies seem to be important to him. Every other killer seemed to groan at the table. I'm sure they've heard his rants about movies before. I loved it, though. Just watching him go off about something he's obviously very passionate about was refreshing.

Lunch ended quickly. Now, it was time for their activities. Except I wasn't sure how I was involved in that. Luckily, Carter would help me through it.

~○~

I found myself outside, the sun almost overbearing on my skin. The patients were standing with handcuffs and chains in the ground. Each of them were standing in boxes that were painted under them. I've learned that the location of the killers would depend on the temperature outside. Today just happened to be warm, meaning we could all be outside.

"You can hand them things if you wish, things that are safe, obviously. No matter what, do not cross the yellow line." Carter warned me, pointing to the boxes around each killer.

"Got it. What type of things should I give them?" I asked Carter, not looking at him while I spoke.

"Well, we have a few things. They can have a ball to play with, maybe some art items to create." Carter pointed to a door that led back inside, "right through there are where you could get things."

My eyes followed his finger as I looked at the door. I'll be there soon once I figure out what the patients want to do.

"Alright..." I said kind of quietly before heading off towards the patients. I watched the ground closely, knowing the patients were basically free beyond the lines.

"Y/N! Y/N, can you get me one of the balls?" Stu called out to me.

"Of course. Billy, do you want anything?" I asked.

"No, Stu and I throw the ball back and forth." He explained. I nodded my head before getting called over again.

"Can you bring me an umbrella and a book, please?" Hannibal asked, to which I nodded.

"Tiffany, Bo, want anything?" I stepped over to the next patients, still being cautious about the yellow lines on the ground.

"Can I get crayons?" Tiffany made her request.

"No. Nothin interesting to do in this damn place." Bo didn't seem to be happy. "Get me a blanket. Not even grass under our feet."

"Alright... crayons and a blanket." I said out loud so I could remember before going to Michael.

"Michael? Do you want anything?" I stood at the line.

"He never wants anything. He just... stands until it's over." Angela tapped on my shoulder to get my attention while speaking.

"Okay, that's alright. It's good to appreciate the day." I smiled at Michael before leaving to the door that Carter pointed out to me before.

I went into the building, letting out a sigh of relief at the feeling of the air on my skin. I found myself in a storage closet with an abundance of outdoor yet safe items.

It was easy to find everything I needed. They even had some baskets by the door to help nurses carry out items to the patients.

'For nurse use only;
Do not let patients use.'

Was written on the side of each basket. I grabbed one and filled it with everything that was requested.

"Stu!" I called out to him before lightly tossing a ball his way. I caught it easily and instantly got down to throwing it to Billy.

"Thank you, Y/N." Hannibal stood as close as he could to the yellow line. I handed him a book and an umbrella just like he had asked. I could easily hand him things without crossing the line myself.

I gave Tiffany a box of crayons that I noticed were completely bare and overused to the point where they were just colored nubs. Bo didn't seem happy that I was around, but I could tell that he was happy to have a blanket to lay on.

"You sure you don't want anything, Michael?" I asked once more, looking around at each person before my eyes landed on him.

He didn't say a word as per usual, but he did move his arm. My hopes shot up for a second before gasping out loud and taking a step back.

"Michael... what? why?" I watched as he removed the bandage I had just put on him. He then scratched open the small scrape he had. It started to bleed once more. His face showed no signs of pain.

~○~

A/N
Idk what it is, but I'm just having one of those days where I really want to write.