𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯g

JAKE'S POV🍉

"When I listen to my favorite songs, I remember Tom with whom I listened to them at camp. So I stopped listening to these songs." 

"When I eat my favorite meals, I remember Tom who also loved this food. So I stopped eating."

"When I cry, I remember crying at camp because I let Tom down. That's why I stopped crying."

"And when I close my eyes and try to sleep, I see Tom. That's why, as everyone has probably guessed, I stopped sleeping."

Every day is the same - I wake up in tears, my brother comes to my room and comforts me, then he takes me to Miriam's bakery when I meet Gabby, Dan and Drew there for breakfast, Gabby tries to convince me to call Ellie , and then all four of us go somewhere. After the meeting, I always come home and in the evening I try to find Tom on social media. 

This day was the same. I woke up and I went to Miriam's  bakery with my brother. Today we went there a little faster than usual because Gabby sent me this text:

"Hi, Jake! I have to tell you something really important!"

It's probably nothing to worry about - it's just some stupid stuff - but Dan and Drew agreed to arrive early, so I had no choice. That's why I was surprised when I entered the bakery and saw that only Drew was there.

Jake: Hi, buddy! How are you? - I smiled and sat down next to him

My little friend reached for his notebook and started writing:

Drew: "Good morning, Jake. I'm good, what about you? Did you sleep well?"

Miriam: He probably didn't sleep at all! - I heard Miriam's voice behind me - Jake, get over your dramatic ass and stop staying up all night!

Jake: I missed you too, Miriam. 

I walked up to the older woman and hugged her tightly. We haven't seen each other for a long time recently because she was in the hospital for tests. Fortunately, everything is fine now.

Miriam: Okay, make yourself comfortable and I'll bring you breakfast.

Drew: "Thank you, Miriam!"

Miriam disappeared into the kitchen, and I was left alone with the boy again.

Jake: So, where is Dan and Gabby? I mean, they should be already here!

Drew: "It's a suprise."

Jake: Okay, now I'm really confused. 

And just then, the door opened and we heard Gabby scream happily. She was very excited, I would say she looked like she was about to explode. I don't know if I want to know what her surprise will be.

Gabby: Hello, Drew! Oh and there's Jake! - she said, smiling mischievously

Dan: Good morning, guys! What's up?

Jake: Gabby, what did you want to tell me that was so important? 

And then there was silence. Quite terrifying, because Dan and Drew were looking at each other uncertainly and Gabby was smiling evilly. I already knew then that this surprise would probably not be a positive one.

Drew: "Gabby, are you sure? I don't think it's a good idea."

Dan: Yeah, if you do this, Jake might hate you!