Chapter 2: His Gaze

Tracie's mind is haunted by lingering memories from last night, but she forcefully pushes them aside as she readies herself for another day at school.

Being a private teacher in senior high school, she is just 23 years old and carries the heavy burden of not having a family.

Having been orphaned, she yearns for the love and warmth that only a family can provide. With her life feeling monotonous and dull, she longs to escape to a different world where someone cherishes and looks after her.

As she walks through the corridor, students from different years warmly greet her, but she simply musters a smile in return, until she finally arrives at the principal's office.

Summoned there, she is informed that a new transfer student will be joining her class. Gathering the details about the student, she reluctantly returns to her classroom.

Upon entering the classroom, her heart underwent a raging transformation - from serenity to fury. Overwhelmed and bewildered, she clutched her chest in confusion.

As she stood motionless in the center of the room, a familiar scent wafted through her nostrils, awakening memories from the previous night.

The man, who exuded an air of lust, fixated his gaze on her from the distant corner. Unable to find her voice, she bit her trembling lip, consumed by a mixture of shock and bewilderment. With great anticipation, she lifted the document containing the transfer student's information and began to read.

"Hemzo Smith," she whispered.

Suddenly, the man rose from his seat, gliding towards her with a mesmerizing slowness. Their eyes locked in an intense connection, her racing heart threatened to give way beneath the weight of her emotions.

Desperately seeking stability, she grazed the edge of the front desk with her trembling fingers.

"Good morning, everyone. I am Hemzo Smith, your latest addition to this class. I sincerely hope that we can form friendships," he declared, breaking the spell that had encapsulated them.

The classroom was then filled with a chorus of ecstatic girls, yearning to uncover the mystery of the new transfer student.
"Oh my goodness, he is strikingly handsome!"

Tracie berated herself internally as the enticing scent of the mysterious man's cologne wafted towards her. It was utterly captivating, leaving her unable to resist the impulse of biting her lip uncontrollably.

"Y-you can take your seat now," she whispered, her voice barely audible.

Throughout her class, Tracie found it impossible to focus as the man's intense gaze remained fixated on her.

Each time she glanced in his direction, vivid memories of last night flooded her mind, along with the lingering taste of their kissed shared.

"You must be out of your mind, involving a student?! You're completely insane," she admonished herself inwardly.

After the class, Tracie sought refuge in the cafeteria to grab some snacks. Settling down at her favorite spot, her fellow teacher Jessica plopped down beside her.

"That new transfer student of yours is quite a handsome catch," Jessica commented, her laughter betraying her amusement.

"And?"

"My students have been raving about him, calling him utterly delectable."

Jessica was known to have numerous relationships with male students, a secret that wasn't so secret.

"Jessica, please. Can't I just enjoy my meal in peace?"

"Well, well, well. Look who's here," Jessica said, casting a knowing gaze towards the cafeteria entrance.

The transfer student's remarkable attractiveness captured the attention of every student and teacher present.

However, his eyes remained solely focused on Tracie.

Jessica smirked, causing her brow to furrow in an inquisitive manner.