THIRTY TWO

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
club

    DRAWN TO THE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE KitKat stacked in front of her, Kaori licked her lips and grabbed a tiny pack

    DRAWN TO THE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE KitKat stacked in front of her, Kaori licked her lips and grabbed a tiny pack. Now, she really craved the sweets and she knew it would make up for the beverage that tasted as bad as she remembered.

When Kaori made her way to the group, she realized they were slowly breaking off from their circled stance, signaling they had probably already started to tell each other's suits.

It was certainly selfish but Kaori wasn't mad not to know who Urumi had decided to eliminate in that round. Standing aside, weak and silent as the fate of an innocent lied solely in the hands of Urumi, wasn't something she liked.

Urumi opened her eyes as she gasped when seeing Kaori, "Oh! But we didn't tell you your suit!"

The brunette blinked, almost spilling her coffee on Chishiya in the process. She scratched her throat, frowning at the sight of the entire group staring at her, and put the mug and snacks on the table.

Urumi was still looking at her with a smile, "You can show us."

Her eyes scanned the group, noticing how some of them were awkwardly shifting on their foot or avoiding her gaze. Oh no, come on... Very slowly, Kaori spun on her heels, pushing her hair to the side and making eye contact with Chishiya.

His gaze had visibly darkened, something she hadn't seen in him for quite awhile. Well, not directed at her, at least.

She felt the lingering presence of Urumi behind her, her hot breath hitting the back of her neck. "Your suit is... Spade!"

The voices of some other players echoed the same word after Urumi, sizzling in her ears irritatingly.

A quick look at Ippei —still sitting next to Chishiya, and the tiny pout and shaky breath he let out were enough confirmation for Kaori. For an obscure reason, she was certainly Urumi's next target.

Kaori nodded, shooting a look at Urumi's calm figure. She had a sparkle in her eyes, smiling before biting her pink pocky stick.

The nausea hit her instantly. Again. Her stomach twisted and she almost flinched at the sensation, her heart started racing so rapidly in her chest that she could feel the beats in her entire body.

Her feet moved on their own and, in the blink of an eye, Kaori was in the bathroom, hiding in a stall.

Did Urumi really lie to her? Or was she making that up because seeing so many people die was blurring her perception of reality? She could be paranoid and imagine everyone had suddenly turned against her when none of it was actually true.

Kaori had never openly expressed any sort of disagreement in front of Urumi. It simply didn't make sense that she would lie to her in this round, Kaori had always made sure to remain as neutral as possible around her.